Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's up guy's. :wiggle: I'm glad i found a site where we can show off how great the versa is. i have a starter question though. what is the best engine swap to do on it and how what all do you have to do to successively make it work?

·
Registered
339 Posts
The mr18 in the versa hatch is prone to needing a new short block before 100k miles. It hit or miss though you don't know if you got a good or bad one. Its 140 hp compared to 122 in the 1.8 and 109 in the 1.6. The mr16ddt is a turbo version of the mr16 in the juke it makes 188hp.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Well, it depends on where you're trying to go.

More HP?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

First off: MR20DE is a direct swap/bolt-on. Zero custom fabrications are required and is the most economical engine swap.
Secondly: The MR16DDT engine swap has yet to be done (IIRC) and requires some modifications like ECU, etc.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Welcome to the forums, unless your very car savy I would stick to the MR20.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea im looking for more hp. i'm a college student so i cant really afford a whole new car but can spend a grand or two on fixing my versa up. if replacing the mr18 to a mr20 is as simple as you all make it seem, then i think ill do that. what else have you all do or have seen done that will improve the hp?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Cat-Back, CAI, Pulley, maybe header and that's about it as far as hp gain parts you can hope for. Plus MR20 will give you extra 20hp so not a bad addition if 2k is your budget.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.