Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I kind of piggy-backed this introduction on another thread and now see I should have made my own here in this section, so sorry if it is a repeat.

I'm in NC and was in the market for another Hyundai Elantra, as our 2003 one has been a great car, or also a Honda Fit, as our CR-V has also been a wonder and both cars are at the top of many "best economy cars" lists. Unfortunately, that also meant they were hard to find on local dealer lots and that when they had them in stock, the dealers had NO incentive to give you anything off MSRP. Also, all the older used models with many miles on them seemed to still cost nearly as much as brand new cars.

So, that's how we ended up getting this new 2012 Nissan Versa. My sister has the Versa hatchback and seems happy with it, and the dealer claimed this new model sedan is hard to keep in stock too, but that may just be another excuse to not want to go down on the price from sticker. We ended up getting this black 2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 SV (only option the $170 floor mats) for $15,122 and were allowed $1500 for our 17 year old Chevy Lumina minivan trade for a total due (before tax, title, tag and "doc" fee) of $13,622.

Haven't been able to drive it much due to it not being in perfect condition when we went to pick it up (but this is about the car, not the dealership, so I won't get into it), but it seems pretty nice so far. Here are some photos I posted in the other thread already:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Nice car. Maybe sometime lower it a bit when springs come out. Not too much but less than it is. I think they raise these cars to meet bumper specs not sure. Also tint, vents, spoiler, etc. I like the car, still happy with the HB and lo miles. Good luck.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looks very nice your car. Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Welcome, nice looking sedan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.