Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got my versa few days ago (2) and had some questions as to whether it was normal behavior or something wrong. Here it goes...

When turning off your defrost, to say, forward vents, does your A/C stay on too?

Has anyone who put larger rims with a smaller tire noticed any ride difference? road noise, ride change, faster suspension wear, speedometer changes...

Whats a good RPM to shift at? for gas saving and for regular driving?
(I have the 6-speed) <3 that 6th gear

Im not totally retarded about some of these things, I can drive a stick i just wondered if you guys had found a good way to drive the car maybe i was missing :) Thnx in advance guys, hope to post many times and make some good friends here.

·
Registered
867 Posts
When turning off your defrost, to say, forward vents, does your A/C stay on too?
Yes, as it does in most cars, so nothing to worry about there.

Has anyone who put larger rims with a smaller tire noticed any ride difference? road noise, ride change, faster suspension wear, speedometer changes...
If the overall diameter of the wheel/rim combination remains the same then there will be absolutely no difference in the speedo at all. If it becomes larger then a very small, almost unnoticable change would occur.

You will always get more road noise with lower profile tyres, usually because they are normally wider too, which means more road contact and therefore more friction and noise. Noise is however, majorly dependant upon the tyre choice ie. soft/harder compound.

Whats a good RPM to shift at? for gas saving and for regular driving?
(I have the 6-speed) <3 that 6th gear
I had to actually drive mine to work this out, and I guess you're asking becuase you're getting the revs holding up when you change gears yes?

This is due to the 'fly by wire' system on the accelerator (no accelerator cable, but an electronic sender unit) and there is no way to overcome this but to learn a new 'style' of driving. I was majorly concerned by this upon my purhcase, but after months of research and discussions with Nisaan, it's either like it or lump it.

Once you get used to driving it, you'll find between 2500-3000 a comfortable shift range, but if you go higher, be prepared that the revs seem to hold on exponentially!

I am just used to the fact that if I drive quick, I need to shift quick. If I cruise, I can low rev and slow shift.

You'll get used to it :)

Hope some of that helps :)

·
Registered
91 Posts

My A/C stays on too but I usually turn it off and switch the lever to pull from outside.

On the tires, the lower profile the tire the rougher the ride and usually more noise. I think the speedo is slightly off but by only maybe a mile. I haven't tested it to find out for sure.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
if you want to save gas, shift below 3k and on the freeway cruise at 55mph at like 2.6k or 2.8k rpms. the best tank i have ever gotten was at 444miles and THEN my empty light turned on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow, im not sure of the speed I am going on the highway, but I can get my RPM's down to 2000 - 2300 crusin!! That saves tons of fuel but again, I dont know what speed I am going, but it is definitely highway speed...100kph + - 10 kph

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.