Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2018 Versa S Plus with only 1769 miles for 11,278. Thought I got a great deal then I started seeing all the complaints from previous years about how crappy the Nissan CVT trannys are and will fail early. I hope this is overhype and not the case for most owners. I guess I will see. I figured I would get a good gauge on here of how they really are.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Just bought a 2018 Versa S Plus with only 1769 miles for 11,278. Thought I got a great deal then I started seeing all the complaints from previous years about how crappy the Nissan CVT trannys are and will fail early. I hope this is overhype and not the case for most owners. I guess I will see. I figured I would get a good gauge on here of how they really are.
Good luck with your car, and I think you got an excellent deal. As far as the CVT tranny, it is really hit of miss if your going to have any problems. I have a 2012 Versa sedan, and the CVT was replaced under warranty with just about 12,000 miles on the car. As far as the newer model cars, its possible that Nissan will have a better track record with the CVTs than they do with the earlier years. In the meantime, enjoy your ride!!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
As far as the newer model cars, its possible that Nissan will have a better track record with the CVTs than they do with the earlier years.
As usual, people who bought cars with the CVTs become unpaid beta testers. And they paid good money to become unpaid beta testers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am hoping by now Nissan has the bugs worked out. Not heard any complaints on the 18 model yet but they are still new to the game, we will see as time rolls on. I love the inside room of this car. My 03 Accent was like a sardine can compared to this thing. Looks like the engine might be hard to work on though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Bob Bolshavic
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing