Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every body! I just start my first big mod on my versa it is a budjet pc car. I plan to salvage and buy stuff on kijiji / craigslist

The plan remplace my double din radio by a 7 inches screen and add a single din radio at the top of the center console

I just buy an asus eee pc 701 on craigslist for 60$

I need a
gps receiver
webcam for backward parking
lot of software
reinstall xp on the laptop
a lot of wires
Upgrade my car speakers
OBD-II usb reader

pictures will come really fast ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had seen some pc car project on the net in the last years and I never take the time to build my own when I had seen this good deal on craigslist last week I just jump on it and I just desside to build a budjet pc car, not cause I am broke but just for fun be the cheapest and having a really good quality system my personal goal arrive at 0$ balance no expences except my personal time ;)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
sounds awesome keep us posted :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I dismantel the eee-pc today all seem to be not so complicated for an it guy like me!

I notice the eee-pc 701 have an build-in usb webcam, I will try to re-wire it up to the back of my car, probably in my in my trunk door window

I receive one pioneer DEH-P470MP for free from one of my close friend :0)
this will drive my pc car system.

when I was browsing the web I saw a guy how upgrade his versa speaker to bose speaker from a infiniti g20 donor. I would call all the scrapyards in montreal it may be a nice upgrade for my versa!

tomorow I promise I take somes pictures of the eee-pc in parts, and from my radio installation

I have one small question, when you dismantle the center console, what happen if I unplug the airbag light ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just install my new radio and I take somes pictures. I remove the small compartement in the top of the central console the dismenteling of the console is really easy, but you must take care of removing the airbag light, i take a picture of the screw to remove for removing the plastic part ;) watch carefuly it's small and behind of circuit.

I had mount my new radio on the existing brackets by adding 4 metal legs ( more pitures will come with the lcd assembly) for now it seem to be a good start the radio upgrade do all the differance and I have now an auxiliary input :)

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.