Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Have had my 1.6L S for a month now. Put over 2200 miles on it in the first month. Really having a good time. It has just come to my attention that the factory alignment for the front bumper with the side panels is really quite off.

Should I mention it to the dealer and see if anything can be done or is this pretty typical? Of course, if this was a McLaren 570S I would be raising hell right now. But the Versa S is the cheapest car in America :nerd:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi all,

Have had my 1.6L S for a month now. Put over 2200 miles on it in the first month. Really having a good time. It has just come to my attention that the factory alignment for the front bumper with the side panels is really quite off.

Should I mention it to the dealer and see if anything can be done or is this pretty typical? Of course, if this was a McLaren 570S I would be raising hell right now. But the Versa S is the cheapest car in America :nerd:

If your purchased the car new, you have a bumper to bumper warranty, so the dealer should repair it as long as it wasn't caused by any external event, such as hitting something. Good luck!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your purchased the car new, you have a bumper to bumper warranty, so the dealer should repair it as long as it wasn't caused by any external event, such as hitting something. Good luck!!
Thanks. I guess I just don't think it's enough of an issue to warrant a visit on its own. Hopefully they will honor it when I get my oil change at 50k.
I guess I was just wondering if it's within the tolerant of quality control.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks. I guess I just don't think it's enough of an issue to warrant a visit on its own. Hopefully they will honor it when I get my oil change at 50k.
I guess I was just wondering if it's within the tolerant of quality control.
In my opinion, it is not in the tolerance zone regarding the quality you come to expect when buying a new car. Most of the trim pieces on the front end of the Versa are held on by plastic clips, and in your case, one or more may failed allowing trim piece to protrude.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
In my opinion, it is not in the tolerance zone regarding the quality you come to expect when buying a new car. Most of the trim pieces on the front end of the Versa are held on by plastic clips, and in your case, one or more may failed allowing trim piece to protrude.
Awesome. I am going to visit the dealership tomorrow. Thanks for the advice. Would this be an quick and easy fix for them if it is indeed just a clip not attached properly or broken?

EDIT:
To get sort of a picture for what kind of clips you are talking about. Do you mean something like this?

·
Registered
37 Posts
As a Nissan quality employee that is indeed an unacceptable gap and flush it appears the fascia may not be fully seated in the fascia bracket.

But be warned, the dealership may damage more than just living with that fascia fit. Gently push it and see if it snaps into place is what I would do, we see this a lot on the NV's

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As a Nissan quality employee that is indeed an unacceptable gap and flush it appears the fascia may not be fully seated in the fascia bracket.

But be warned, the dealership may damage more than just living with that fascia fit. Gently push it and see if it snaps into place is what I would do, we see this a lot on the NV's
Thanks. I will try that when I get home. When I last tried pushing it in, though, the metal body panels also moved since the bumper is actually making contact with it. Hence, I did not push hard in fear of bending the metal panel.

What do you mean the dealership may do more damage? If this was seen during QC, how would this be fixed?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dealership mechanics aren't always trained experts to say the least and I'm afraid they may bend the fender or leave clips out while attempting to repair.
In this scenario I would probably remove the fascia bolt under inner fender plastic and pull the fascia out and look for an obstrubction on the fascia bracket, pretty simple unless the metal is misaligned

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took a look at it today again. I actually suspect that in addition to the bumper being a little bit too far out, the very corner of the fender of itself may be too far in. So I tried pushing the fender out by placing my hand from inside of the engine bay while trying to push the bumper in. I think it does look a little better. I may just live with the misalignment. There are several other bad panel gaps. I don't think it's worth it to stress over such small cosmetics things on an economy car. I took your advice and called off the dealer. May just have them look at it perhaps when I take it in for oil change.
Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yea it's probably best that way, unfortunately. The quality standards on the versa probably aren't the highest due to pricing but I must say mine is built just as well if not better than the $30k plus models we make in the US.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
3 Participants
tylerz71
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing