Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all!
I bought a 2015 Nissan Versa Note SR....Yesterday..[July 2nd] has a little over 44,300 Miles at sale. I like it a lot. I was hesitant...but it is really nice and it looks like maintenance will be cheap and/or I can do a lot of DIY maintenance. I did get an extended service warranty though CarMax... [not one of those sketch spam calls haha]
(I parked it under a tree this morning so it got dirty because it was windy lol)

I retired my 2007 Honda CRV EX-L AWD...it had 144,700 miles. I got that one at 90k miles in 2015. Hope to many years with this one :)
I'll eventually....eventually... upgrade the speakers. (I self-installed an aftermarket system in my CR-V)
I haven't thought of a name for her yet.

- Niko

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I'm another 2015 owner, but mine is a 1.6 s model with the ancient 4spd AT. Assuming yours isn't a 5MT, at 44k miles I'd do a few CVT drain/fills, but that's me!
yeah mine has the Xtronic CVT. How would I do the CVT fluid flush?

·
Registered
130 Posts
yeah mine has the Xtronic CVT. How would I do the CVT fluid flush?
There's several ways to do this yourself. Lots of info and videos online. I buy my NS-3 CVT fluid online. I tend to drain them cold, measure the amount that drained out, then refill with that exact amount. If there's an easy enough means to verify the level, I then do that. The CVT in my 2016 Nissan Quest has a level check plug where fluid should just dribble out with the engine running, in park, with a fluid temp of 95-113F, which I half-ass measure with a infrared temperature gun on the pan. This range is much cooler than what you would see after a fully warmed up drive, so you have to be mindful of that. You're going to be too hot then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
PoMan
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing