Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings.
Am new to the forum and new to Nissan.

Took delivery of a 2011 black Versa 1.8SL hatchback about a month ago, and opted for the CVT.

Also added a hood deflector, wind deflectors, and an auto-dimming rear view mirror. Ultimately what sold me on it, was the ability to fold down the front, passenger seat, creating about 8 ft. of length (with the rear seats down) from front to rear, enabling me to get my portable 88 note Kurzweil keyboard in it, making the vehicle gig-ready...as I am a part time musician. It's also decent transporting the family in relative comfort.

2 quick questions.
Is it possible to upgrade the bluetooth in it (to include voice activated commands - the type that is in certain models of Kia's and also, is it possible to replace and upgrade the stereo speakers in the doors? If so on the doors is there a there with a walk through as to how this can be done?

Thanks so much.

JPicker
(near Toronto)

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Welcome! Got my V for similar reasons: useful and spacious interior for bass guitar, and oh yeah, the family too. Do you need to transport an amp? Sometimes i say i'm near TO, but sometimes gotta say an hour west of Buffalo:DEither way, welcome to NVF!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcomes.

The voice command I was referring to, is something that is part of the bluetooth in the Kia my wife just got. I was impressed by the fact that even if you have older cell phones (like we do - that don't support voice activated dialing within themselves) the bluetooth system in some models of Kia's, does. You can dial by number or by contact name within it's native bluetooth system. If you select dial by number, the voice prompts ask you to speak the number and it's bluetooth system then dials the number and connects to your phone at the same time (and like I said, even if your own phone doesn't support voice activated calling.) I was impressed with this feature and therefore wondered if anything like this was available - even after market - for the Versa.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I've had three different cells since buying the Versa in 08, and it has voice activated dialing. If someone unknown tries to say "call home", it refuses because it doesn't recognize their voice. I can dial by number or by name (if I have stored the entries), and it works fine. I've never had an issue with the stock bluetooth device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did discover that indeed it does have voice activated dialing - by name or number. What I can't figure out is how to change the incoming ring tone. It was not apparent in the "help" prompt. Anything I'm missing here? Thanks, in advance.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I did discover that indeed it does have voice activated dialing - by name or number. What I can't figure out is how to change the incoming ring tone. It was not apparent in the "help" prompt. Anything I'm missing here? Thanks, in advance.
Ring tone can be changed. I've changed mine. It's somewhere in a menu, just listen to each menu and it will be there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I di spend 1/2 an hour sitting in my car last night going through all the help and setup commands for bluetooth etc...and for the life of me could not find the option anywhere to change the ring tone.....so I still have no idea what sub-section that option is located in. Screw it. I'll live with the factory default setting. No biggie. The rest of it works great.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Well I di spend 1/2 an hour sitting in my car last night going through all the help and setup commands for bluetooth etc...and for the life of me could not find the option anywhere to change the ring tone.....so I still have no idea what sub-section that option is located in. Screw it. I'll live with the factory default setting. No biggie. The rest of it works great.
I am gonna wash my car this evening. I will sit inside and write down the instructions for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Ok it took me about10 seconds to find the ringtone menu.

Hit the phone button on your steering wheel.

Say "setup".
Listen to available options; you will be choosing the one that says "Select ringtone".
It will then say "Say ringtone or silent". You want to say "ringtone" to choose a sound.

Then it will play the first ringtone and ask if you want it, say "yes" or "no".
Once you say "yes" to a ringtone it will end that menu ...

Let me know if it works. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, unless I am mentally challenged, or have a different bluetooth system in my car (Canadian version of 2011 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback) it ain't there. The "set up" command is not recognized. As soon as I tap the phone button it gives me a list of available commands NONE of which include the word SET UP. When it says 'please say a command' and I say "set up" it says "command not recognized". Instead of "set up" it has "getting started" and there is NO menu option within that to change or refer to ring tone. I even tried disconnecting the phone and doing everything from scratch and nope, no menu option called set up nor any proviso to change the ring tone.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Okay, unless I am mentally challenged, or have a different bluetooth system in my car (Canadian version of 2011 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback) it ain't there. The "set up" command is not recognized. As soon as I tap the phone button it gives me a list of available commands NONE of which include the word SET UP. When it says 'please say a command' and I say "set up" it says "command not recognized". Instead of "set up" it has "getting started" and there is NO menu option within that to change or refer to ring tone. I even tried disconnecting the phone and doing everything from scratch and nope, no menu option called set up nor any proviso to change the ring tone.
Hmm I have no idea then. Mine is an 08 Versa, Canadian model also... And it has different ringtones for me too choose from. Maybe it's not an available feature anymore? Sorry it didn't work :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.