Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so my name is Steven, Im from Summerville, SC. Just outside Charleston. I just got myself a Versa.Its a 2010 Hatchback S. 1.8L Automatic Red Rave, Black Interior
Recently had a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant. The timing belt snapped and bent the rods/valves, so I didnt feel like sinking anymore money into her. So I ended up get this car as it was one of the better cars in my price range. Just wish the engine had a little more ummp to it. Maybe Ill turbo it sometime down the road and swap in the 6 speed.

So some mods I plan on doing in the near future are:
-5000K (Pure White) HIDs.
-Fog lights with 3000K HIDs [My car didnt come with fogs]
-Blacked Out head light houseing[does anyone make these with Projectors]
-Tinted Tails [Does anyone have of pic of these on a red versa]
-25% tint all around
-Factory rear spolier
-Some sort of front and rear lip
-Rims
-7" touch screen with Ipod/SAT/NAV/Bluetooth/Backup Cam
-Got 2 12s already but there doesnt seem to be a lot of room in the trunk
for these. [Does anyone have a system in there car]
Thats about it. Then Ill start on the performance mods

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Welcome to the forums man! Enjoy your stay on NVF, ask us any questions you have and we will answer them to the best of our knowledge.

Make sure to add your location on the right hand corner of your posts!

·
Registered
927 Posts
welcome did you get auto with cvt or just auto? a while back there was a talk about the new versa in 2010 japanese version that has a turbo in it and the base model got fine tuned and it produced more HP :p but we are in the US so its a different story.
what do you mean by tinted tails? tinted tail light? havent seen one in red but im assuming the smoked out tail light with compliment the color of the car :p

·
Registered
452 Posts
glad to have another south carolina person on here man. I had two 12s in my hatch they fit but they didnt leave a whole lot of room but i also had a deep box. as far as lips and such i dont know if you have the sport bumpers or not if you dont then you could go for the stillen rear lip and check out www.versaspeed.com for everything else best vendor we got :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
welcome!!!!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hey so my name is Steven, Im from Summerville, SC. Just outside Charleston. I just got myself a Versa.Its a 2010 Hatchback S. 1.8L Automatic Red Rave, Black Interior
Recently had a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant. The timing belt snapped and bent the rods/valves, so I didnt feel like sinking anymore money into her. So I ended up get this car as it was one of the better cars in my price range. Just wish the engine had a little more ummp to it. Maybe Ill turbo it sometime down the road and swap in the 6 speed.

So some mods I plan on doing in the near future are:
-5000K (Pure White) HIDs.
-Fog lights with 3000K HIDs [My car didnt come with fogs]
-Blacked Out head light houseing[does anyone make these with Projectors]
-Tinted Tails [Does anyone have of pic of these on a red versa]
-25% tint all around
-Factory rear spolier
-Some sort of front and rear lip
-Rims
-7" touch screen with Ipod/SAT/NAV/Bluetooth/Backup Cam
-Got 2 12s already but there doesnt seem to be a lot of room in the trunk
for these. [Does anyone have a system in there car]
Thats about it. Then Ill start on the performance mods
Do you have the power package???? If so this will make your fog light installation easier than you could even imagine. The versa S with power package, and SL is prewired for fog lights. All you need is the fog lamps, fog finishers, and the steering wheel switch. And ur done. It took me about 30 mins tops!!! And I had no clue what I was doing. Hope this easies the fog installation a little better, have fun on ur mods, and nice talking with ya!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you have the power package???? If so this will make your fog light installation easier than you could even imagine. The versa S with power package, and SL is prewired for fog lights. All you need is the fog lamps, fog finishers, and the steering wheel switch. And ur done. It took me about 30 mins tops!!! And I had no clue what I was doing. Hope this easies the fog installation a little better, have fun on ur mods, and nice talking with ya!!!
I have power windows/locks and keyless entry. Is the stock switch for the fogs on the steering wheel. Or is it by mirror control?

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
the stock switch is on the turn signal stalk, so if your car is prewired for fogs, then all you would have to do is wire them up with the wires provided and then just switch out the stalk and then you will have the factory setup.... hope this helps... and welcome to NVF!!! how did you find us?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Yeah exactly what superskunk said. And the wires are kinda like behind the bumper. Mine was together in a loop. Just pull the end of the connector, and the wire comes out of the loop and is straight. There are many ways to put the actual lamp in. Bob from versaspeed sugested this and I did it this way........ Under the front bumper, on each side there should be 3 screws in a triangle pattern. Once you un screw them, just pull the trim piece down, and reach one hand up there with the screw, and position the lamp with ur other hand and tighten it. I used a socket wrench ( i think thats what u call it) and just went back and forth till it tightened more. Now the steering wheel colum is even eaiser. Just remove the 3 screws from the colum cover. Remove the ring around the ignition, and with ur fingers just pull apart gently the two covers from the ignition ring. U may wanna unlock the tilt feature to pull the trim pieces off. Once they are off. Take your fingers and their is a clip on the top and bottom of the stalk. Just push it in and pull out. Then just put the new stalk in, and it will click when in place. Then just reverse the directions to put it back on. Now one thing I will tell ya, the fog lights only work if your headlights are on. If you turn the fogs on with your parking lights, they will not turn on. That is the one dissapointing thing if you go with the factory setup. But there are many pros too. Like they are included with ur battery saver feature, so they will never run ur battery down if you leave them on. I like the factory feel and look by having the stalk. But its ur opinion. If you need any more help, feel free to make a post, or just come back here and ask another question. Im happy to answer any questions you may have. And if I dont, well lets just say there are alot of other people on here who prolly would know, like superskunk, lol.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
how is it hard to read? I was explaining in dep so he could understand it. lol The discription was the OEM way of putting them in. But I agree, OEM is the way to go!!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
i was sure this topic has occured before, i just felt like talking, lol!!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
well the factory lamps come with 35W. Ive got 2 sets of aftermarket bulbs for the fogs,(yellow and white) and i havent had a problem. Im really not sure about plastic or glass.....hmmmm...... I assume the factory ones are the same as your headlights. Mine arent melting or cracking. I use them about 6 days a week for about 30mins. Its almost been a yr now. But I think its glass??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.