Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
what year is the bandit, they stopped making the small bore bandits here in about 2000
they may still make the bandit 1200 here, fun reasonably priced bike. enjoy it

make sure you use your head as more than a helmet rack when you ride, i've lost many a friend to 2 wheels

·
Registered
303 Posts
austiida, sucks to hear you lost your dad to both a drunk driver and on a bike, but as far as people "letting" you on one, i bet if you could talk to your dad he would say something along the lines of, its a risk you take on a bike, and i wouldnt stop riding for nothing.

i belong to a moped gang.... everyone laugh, its ok.

last year while riding, a friend of mine was crossing an intersection on his moped, to be killed by a drunk driver blowing an intersection in a suburban. killing him instantly.

weeks later i was talking to his best friend, who was hit by same car, only suffering a broken leg, jaw, collarbone and pelvis, at a rally we were hosting. he said basically that he (freind who died) would want us to keep riding and enjoying the machine we all love and the freedom of being on the bike.

kinda a rambling post, ride, its the best thing ever, just be safe about it, and keep the shiny side up

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yep, pretty much the same thing, although he was knocked off his bike into the railing which snapped his neck instantly..... but anyway, yeah I know, he'd probably tell me to ride but I also am a man of peace and like to keep everyone happy, so when I raised the point of getting a bike and got shot down, I pushed that 'need' to the back of my head :)

Happy wife = Happy life :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
How come no one ever has a good bike story? It's always tragedy. :neutral:
On the other hand, that bike looks like some awesome fun. Let's hope you only have good stories to tell us in the near future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.