Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I just bought a 2011 Versa Hatchback S (Arctic Blue color). I'm very excited, I've never had a new (as in brand new) car before! :woot: My '01 Protege finally crapped out on me at the first of the year with overheating, radiator steaming, and misfirings galore. I decided I was tired of sinking money into it and bought the Versa. My friend had a Versa, which prior to her visit (she lives out of state) I had never even heard of Nissan making such an affordable a subcompact (not that I keep up with that kind of thing, but oh well)! I knew Nissan was a good brand, but at the time I had my eye on the nifty Mazda2, but when I test drove it I was very disappointed.

But fast forward a few days later, I wander into a Nissan dealership and decided to give it a go on the road. I was impressed and it certainly didn't feel like a small car at all. There are a few things about my Versa I might change but overall I am very happy and thankful to have such a nice, reliable car.

I joined this forum so I can make my new Versa last as long as possible and make some new friends. :)

I'm thinking about doing a few little visual mods but nothing else at the moment.

Well, anyway it's nice to be here! :wave:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
hey welcome to the forum. like you the vesa was my first new car when i drove it i loved it and signed the papers that day. oh just to let you know once you start moding you cant stop lol i said i was just going to add one thing too lol that didnt last long.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new car purchase :)
This is my first brand new car also and I'm loving it !

Sorry to hear about your protege! My brother has an 02 Protege5 that he bought brand new ... car is approaching 200K and still going very strong.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Welcome! What was disappointing about the 2? I thought it would be a nice car to chuck into the curves:D I also thought i would like a green one til i got to dealership and 50% were green, with ONE red one :( welcome welcome!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Welcome!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome! What was disappointing about the 2? I thought it would be a nice car to chuck into the curves:D I also thought i would like a green one til i got to dealership and 50% were green, with ONE red one :( welcome welcome!

Hi! Oh, the 2's handling was fine, no complaints there; I even ADORED the green color on it - but the pickup on it was terrible, and I was in need of...something better than 100hp....

But still...it IS a beautiful car, nice on the inside...but just not exactly what I needed. :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new car purchase :)
This is my first brand new car also and I'm loving it !

Sorry to hear about your protege! My brother has an 02 Protege5 that he bought brand new ... car is approaching 200K and still going very strong.

It's okay...I squeezed a decent amount of life out of it before it died! ;)

I saw a thread about what you did to your Versa, and I think you did an awesome job! I'll have to talk to you about that more later on. (You have the Hello Kitty decal on yours, right? Or am I thinking of someone else? )

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
It's okay...I squeezed a decent amount of life out of it before it died! ;)

I saw a thread about what you did to your Versa, and I think you did an awesome job! I'll have to talk to you about that more later on. (You have the Hello Kitty decal on yours, right? Or am I thinking of someone else? )
Lol. That would be me. HK car and fan :) and thanks for the kind words. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Welcome, hope you enjoy the new car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.