Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
welcome to the forum yes please post some pics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As soon as I get a hot minute I will grab some pics.
It's an SV - grey in color.

Kind of wished I could get the next model up but it was just out of reach price wise.

Since I am a techie guy the interesting bit might be whether or not the head unit from the next model up will work.
Don't care about heated seats or push button ignition...

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I love grey. As for the headunit, not 100% sure but it should work. Versa S 2009 installed an SL headunit and steering wheel in his S model sedan.

·
Registered
236 Posts
As soon as I get a hot minute I will grab some pics.
It's an SV - grey in color.

Kind of wished I could get the next model up but it was just out of reach price wise.

Since I am a techie guy the interesting bit might be whether or not the head unit from the next model up will work.
Don't care about heated seats or push button ignition...
Posted my white Note photos last night and they seemed to have vanished. Oh well..... it's all white.

VV

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Posted my white Note photos last night and they seemed to have vanished. Oh well..... it's all white.

VV
I saw em.
You had the cat or something in the rear window.

Just have to sort out a place to take some pics that doesn't include all kinds of background noise if you get my meaning.

I looked at the MPG average and im rocking at 39.7
That's freaking nice. :D

Edit: consider this the first one...

Yeah... boring... I need to wash the car first :D

Edit2:
I forgot I had this one on the phone from the day I bought it.
The color looks odd tho so I am not sure... guess my phone camera got a little confused.
Looks a tinge purple to me, but it's grey.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I saw em.

Just have to sort out a place to take some pics that doesn't include all kinds of background noise if you get my meaning.

Edit2:
The color looks odd tho so I am not sure... guess my phone camera got a little confused.
Gee, thanks for confirming that the photos were up last night. Maybe the moderator that took them down can explain. Yes, the note is white and there is a white cat decal on the back hatch window. Maybe someone does not like cats.

Yes, 40 mpg is very consistent. I actually got 44mph with all highway driving.
Just have to feather the gas pedal and keep the rpms in the sweet spot between 1200-1800 rpms.

VV

·
Registered
236 Posts
I saw em.

Edit2:
I found the photos again....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
The square plug is for the tow hook. Nissan used to include the tow hook in the bag with the jack tools awhile back. I think they stopped. They are about $25 from the dealer. It's just a big eye bolt. You take out that square then you screw the eye bolt in and you now have a spot to safely yank your Note out of a ditch or mud or whatever. More info found here http://www.nissanversaforums.com/how-tos/1158-how-tow-hook.html Not sure if the same tow hook will work on the Notes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The square plug is for the tow hook. Nissan used to include the tow hook in the bag with the jack tools awhile back. I think they stopped. They are about $25 from the dealer. It's just a big eye bolt. You take out that square then you screw the eye bolt in and you now have a spot to safely yank your Note out of a ditch or mud or whatever. More info found here http://www.nissanversaforums.com/how-tos/1158-how-tow-hook.html Not sure if the same tow hook will work on the Notes.
I actually have that I think.... I will check.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Cool.
You have the same square plug in your bumper that I have.
I get that the round ones in the bottom of the bumper on each side are for lights.
I wonder what the square one is for.... some kind of sensor? a camera?
Good to know.... I thought it was a access port if you wanted to plug a block heater in for the winter. I will check the bag under the hatch area to see if they have something that looks like a eye bolt. VV

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Yes... I checked the hatch under the cargo area and sure enough there was a large threaded eye bold. Looks like Nissan is still including it.
I'm shocked. They used to include it on the old Versa's too then just stopped one year and you had to buy it separately. I'm glad it's back in to being included.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm shocked. They used to include it on the old Versa's too then just stopped one year and you had to buy it separately. I'm glad it's back in to being included.
I agree, with taking out 250# of weight, I would have assumed they would include everything they could do to lighten up the Note. Gas tank is 10.3 gal US, so they took out two gal or 16 pounds that way.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I agree, with taking out 250# of weight, I would have assumed they would include everything they could do to lighten up the Note. Gas tank is 10.3 gal US, so they took out two gal or 16 pounds that way.
easy way to lose 30lb on the note is get rid of the spare...planning to do that myself this coming weekend...also later on going to get some lightweight rims to unload some rolling weight and maybe a lightweight battery...figure if i can get close to the power to weight ratio of a mazda mx-5 i'll be happy :)

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Less weight with same power will make the car quicker and handle better. Of course mpg's will be up as well.

I have seen HR16DE's put down 115whp on dyno's with a couple of go fast goodies. Now that isn't alot but on a car that weighs 2,300lbs (after reduction) it has a decent power to weight ratio. I don't think you will get down into miata territory but it would still be a much more fun car then stock. Think classic Sentra SE-R stock.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.