Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

New to the forum and a soon to be Versa Note owner.

I'm in the process of buying a 2014 Note SV. The car is in great shape - it's a Florida car (which is a big plus being that I'm in Michigan and Salt kills everything). This is the newest car I've ever owned.

Is there anything I should know about the car that I might not have read during my research? Any special care I should have with it?

I'm going to be using it mostly for delivery - I delivery for Grubhub and Amazon fulltime (I've done quite well enough to buy this car). So I was needing something great on gas, and enough room to haul 40 odd packages in.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm in the process of buying a 2014 Note SV. The car is in great shape - it's a Florida car (which is a big plus being that I'm in Michigan and Salt kills everything).
The last I heard Florida is a homeland of some heavy floods, which are deadlier than salt. Did you see the car in person? Was it checked by independent mechanic (not by the entity which sells the car -> possible conflict of interest)? You hardly have much of the leverage after you poses the car, particularly out of state.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I inspected it, and had a mechanic friend double check it for me. It's here in Michigan. I've driven it, and it sounded great. It was a rental car in its first life, and was owned by someone after that. I didn't see any flood damage. Minimal rust anywhere. No flood damage claims noted on the carfax report.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Beware if it has a CVT transmission, the biggest major fail you could have there. Used in delivery service will void any warranty there, that classifies as commercial use. You can't say a word about that if you get it fixed.

And if too close to the Florida coast you are around more salt than you will ever see anywhere else, the ocean winds carry it everywhere close to the coast.

First thing I'd guess at with a Florida car in Michigan would be flood car too. They just did a TV article on how many thousands of flood cars never register on Carfax, they chased a couple of resale companies that recertify the cars to have never been wet or salvaged, the insurance companies pay them millions to get them by. Flood cars are listed as salvage but then thousands of them disappear off the salvage rolls, they never get scrapped or parted out like they are supposed to. The companies bankrupt as soon as discovered by law enforcement then start a new business up doing the same in the next month. There is simply too much money involved there to leave it around unplucked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
amc49
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing