Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My name is a Josh and I am from Louisville, Kentucky. I just bought a brand new 2011 Versa 1.8S last Monday. This is not my first Nissan and it wont be my last. Owning a car is new for me. Both of the vehicles that I have owned before have been Nissan pickups. The first one was a 1989 and my current pickup is a 1995. The 95 has been modified a lot and was not fun to drive everyday so I needed a daily driver. I wanted something new that no one had touched before and would have to worry about repairs for a while. The hard part for me is trying to keep it stock for a while. I dont have any major plans for the versa yet, but I might start looking for a set of wheels.

Here is a picture of my 95 pickup on the last offroad trip I went on in August:

Here are a few pictures of the Versa.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not really. It is my daily driver and want to keep it reliable. The windows are going to get tinted next week. The rubber mats will be here tomorrow and I am going to get the rear organizer in a few weeks. I am going to keep a eye out for a good deal on a pioneer head unit. Can't stand not having a Ipod hookup on the factory stereo.

Need to do a few things on the truck before the winter. The versa is going to stay parked in the driveway if there is any salt on the roads. I also feel more comfortable driving the truck in snow and ice because I can usually get it out of any bad situation that I get in.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Winter tires on the Versa help. The Versa is my only car so I have to drive her in the winter. She's never gotten stuck. I can't imagine having a lowered versa in the snow though.

Do you guys get a lot of snow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Last year we had 3 or 4 snows that were at least 3". I just don't trust other drivers here in the snow. They freak out and act like they have never driven in snow before. 3/16" steel plate and tubing on the front, rear and sides of my truck make me feel better.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Yes people drive in the snow as if they are driving on a clear dry road. Some people should simply not drive in the snow. I simply take my time driving to work, and I've had to drive through many snow storms to make it home from school or work. Usually it takes me 15-20 minutes to drive to one of my jobs. And during one major snowstorm it took me over 2 hours to drive home. It was one of the worst storms I have ever had to drive through (and it was with the Versa). Luckily my brother lived on a major road at the time, otherwise I would have had to abandon the Versa on the side of the road as our streets were not plowed. Snow tires help, but if the snow gets higher than the car; then they aren't much help then, lol ! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Not really. It is my daily driver and want to keep it reliable. The windows are going to get tinted next week. The rubber mats will be here tomorrow and I am going to get the rear organizer in a few weeks. I am going to keep a eye out for a good deal on a pioneer head unit. Can't stand not having a Ipod hookup on the factory stereo.

Need to do a few things on the truck before the winter. The versa is going to stay parked in the driveway if there is any salt on the roads. I also feel more comfortable driving the truck in snow and ice because I can usually get it out of any bad situation that I get in.
Sounds good, I wouldn't have many plans for my Versa if we had snow winters neither. I'd love to drive a lifted/4x4 truck/SUV during the winter though.

What are the plans for the truck before winter? :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mostly just a few maintenance items:
Replace a exhaust gasket on the headers.
Install a new drive shaft support bearing.
Replace the cap, rotor and spark plug wires.
Replace front diff and transfer case fluid.
Clean and oil air filter.
Need to find a new drivers seat. The foam is starting to come apart.
The battery is almost 4 years old and I am not sure if it is going to make it through the winter.

I am going to be one of the event coordinators for Nissan Offroad Association of the Southeast (NOAS). So I am trying to make to the four main events that we are having next year. Most of the events are 4 to 8 hour drive from my house and I want the truck in good shape for those events. The first one starts in February.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.