Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all!

I just got my 2016 Versa S! So far, I am liking it a lot. It drives well and is great value for the money. The standard transmission is also quite fun. :smile
One thing though: the factory QC doesn't seem to be the greatest...(which is understandable for its price tag) Despite one tiny bump on the car's finish (which I can live with,) there is also something I found yesterday...
There is one metal strip/rail on both sides of the car, under the doors, that runs from the front wheel to the back wheel. Now, this being a part where no one can see unless they really got on the ground, I understand if the metal is cut a little rough on the edges or if the paint job is not as good. However, right around the area under the left backdoor, the metal strip is bent outwards for a length of maybe 2 or 3 inches. :| The paint is a little chipped and it's not on the other side so I don't think this was necessarily by design. I

Now, is this something to get fussed up about for a two-day old car? If it's purely cosmetic and it's at a place that absolutely no one can see, I can really care less. I just sort of would like to know that it causes absolutely no functional or structural damage.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
37 Posts
It was probably lifted incorrectly, whether at the factory in mexico or at the dealer while installing mud guards etc. If its just the pinch weld strip at the bottom, I wouldn't fret because it'll get damaged eventually as you jack the car up for tire rotations etc. All the dealer would do is bend it flat with vice grips and use some TouchUp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was probably lifted incorrectly, whether at the factory in mexico or at the dealer while installing mud guards etc. If its just the pinch weld strip at the bottom, I wouldn't fret because it'll get damaged eventually as you jack the car up for tire rotations etc. All the dealer would do is bend it flat with vice grips and use some TouchUp.
Thanks. That's pretty much what my old man told me exactly. I am getting over it. Appreciate the insight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
LesPaulMan
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing