Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XXR 962 18x8.5 et35 with custom made centercaps
235/40/18 Front 245/40/18 Rear
Tanabe NF210 with 3/4 of a coil cut in the front. I need to cut more to even it out with the rear.
It will only rub with 4 people in the car.

This setup is pretty much perfectly flush. I didnt want to go with stretched tires unless the car is slammed.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I normally hate black wheels but that first pic is awesome. The V looks really good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone!

and yeah, the ride is slightly rougher, but it's nothing outrageous.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You just have to really watch out for bumps & pot holes, but I live in jersey and the roads are far from smooth so if I can handle it, anyone can ha. I've had this setup for about a month so far, no major issues with suspension or anything.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I've been thinking about cutting my springs a little bit to sit a little lower
I would never advise cutting spring height. Cut springs aren't as simple as it sounds, and whereas most springs are made non-linearly, cutting a top off can have a drastic effect on your shocks as they are suddenly required to try and do a lot more than they were designer to do.

Because springs usually have variable spring tension in the design, proper lowered springs take this into account and still retain a similar 'bounce pattern' as to standard springs, just with a lowered stance.

Cutting springs however, merely removes a large portion of the variable part of the spring (top of bottom) so flex and compression are thrown out.....and your shocks usually cop a beating after that.

I'd highly recommend looking at properly lowered shocks mate....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah but with mine they were short enough to begin with. I just shaved off about 3/4 of an inch in the front which wouldn't do much to the integrity of the original design. I don't know much about it, but I would imagine that cutting off a more significant amount would cause the springs to not function properly and affect other mechanisms. Either way, it looks good =]

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yeah but with mine they were short enough to begin with. I just shaved off about 3/4 of an inch in the front which wouldn't do much to the integrity of the original design. I don't know much about it, but I would imagine that cutting off a more significant amount would cause the springs to not function properly and affect other mechanisms. Either way, it looks good =]
How did you only cut that amount off? The spring wouldn't sit in the locators properly then would it? Usually you have to cut one full 'coil' off at a time... that small an amount wouldn't.....or should I say "shouldn't".... be even noticeable!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Sorry, I meant "3/4 of a coil", sits perfectly. Why would you have to cut a full coil off? Have you looked at the struts and how the spring sits? The springs made the car sit too high in the front and I leveled it out. Obviously you cant cut the rears because the spring is wound into the size of the spring seat on both ends, but the front is perfectly fine because the spring seat is ramped.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts