Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Vision Cross 16x7 38 offset. Said they were matte black finish but it's more of a grey. I got them with a no name brand Veento G3 205/55/16 mounted and balanced for from discount tire direct for $550 free shipping. Not a bad price for wheels and tires. I got them in a week ago or so and I finally had time to get them on the car this morning.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Looks good. Did you get them in the mail or at one of their stores? Does that include the tpms sensors or did you get them to swap the old ones?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tpms was an extra 180$. You have the option for getting tpms rebuild kits. I didn't do either so I have the tpms light on. I got the wheels from there website

·
Registered
256 Posts
I didn't do either so I have the tpms light on.
Well, you can stick a piece of electrical tape over that light. Another option I read about, if you have your tpms sensors already taken off the wheels, get a small wheel like for a wheelbarrow or something from Harbor Freight, place your sensors inside wrapped so they are not got damaged, inflate that wheel high enough for the light to turn off, and keep it in the trunk.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
That idea wouldnt work on my honda. They had to rotate to 25 mph before they started transmitting. This way if a car sits it wont run down the internal lithium battery.

My honda wouldnt let you turn off trac control with the tpms light on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yah. I'm thinking about lowering but the roads in maine are terrible so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet

·
Registered
16 Posts
Inquiring minds want to know...

Nice wheels! How does it ride/handle with wider wheels/tires? What lugnuts did ya use?

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
I had an insight and lowering it help with a few mpg and handling. On the down side bumps were harder. I had tanabe nf and df springs. After a year or so they started to sag and the rear pretty much rode the bump stops

I plan on getting the lightest wheels I can get like 10 lbs from tire rack with sensors and go up to a 75 series tire so maybe te engine revs slightly lower at highway speed. Maybe get a few mpg and hope the light rim takes up the additional weight of the 75 series tire?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice wheels! How does it ride/handle with wider wheels/tires? What lugnuts did ya use?
I used spline lock tuner lugs from advanced auto. Since I went with a 16 inch wheel with a 55 series tire, I've noticed that I feel more of the bumps then I did before then with the 65 series tire. I was hoping that the wider tire would help with my being blown all over the road during strong winds, it does seem better but over all not much of a difference. The nice thing with the wider wheels is even with the wider tires there no rubbing. Time for some megan racing coilovers

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used spline lock tuner lugs from advanced auto. Since I went with a 16 inch wheel with a 55 series tire, I've noticed that I feel more of the bumps then I did before then with the 65 series tire. I was hoping that the wider tire would help with my being blown all over the road during strong winds, it does seem better but over all not much of a difference. The nice thing with the wider wheels is even with the wider tires there no rubbing. Time for some megan racing coilovers
Thanks for sharing that. I also was hoping wider tires on 16s would stabilize the V in the wind. I'm going to have an alignment done in the near future to see if that helps.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Well, if handling is your thing they can give you a non oem spec alignment that will increase handling at the expense of tire life and mpg. >:D

Yeah, mo wheel, mo feel. Mo tire, nice rider. :grin

I went up 3 sizes on my sidekick and love it. Same for the odyssey, went right up to a truck tire.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
Cobb
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing