1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Welcome! An sl manual is pretty rare.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
welcome to the forum got any pics, what are your plans for it?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you have any questions ask away! Everyone is always ready to help.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all, the car is stock except for the oversize tires. Nothing special to see. I wish I could do something to get more overdrive though. The Eclipse 205/70/15 tires are the absolute max diameter I can get on.
They give me an additional 9% of overdrive when new and just slightly scuff the wheel well when I fully turn the steering wheel left or right.

I'd be a candidate to buy some taller final drive gears if anyone made them, or, even better some parts to modify the tranny to get more overdrive out of 6th gear.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
welcome, your car rocks! i thought about taller tires but i think i may actually go with 195-55-15s next time lol! post pics esp rims and tires. welcome to nvf!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Wow, 205-70-15 sounds wide. Are they all season? I have 205-60-15s to protect the wheel lip. Do you have any pics?
No pix, the tires are on the stock aluminum spoke wheels. For anyone thinking of putting 205/70/15 tires on they MUST be Eclipse which I believe are considered all season. Eclipse tires are unusually narrow tread width and are sold only at Les Schwab in the NW USA.
The 60s should be wider than the 70s and mine don't come near the opening of the body. When new the Eclipse tires are 1/16" from touching the spring holder.

Looks like I'll have to take a pic or two but too late now. The tires are about 70% worn down now.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Sure fills the wheel well. How much do your rpms decrease at a given speed? I have same phenomenon happening on my Altima with bigger winter tires. When my speedo says 100km/h, my gps says 103. Versa lookin good:thumb2:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
When the tires are new I get 9% more overdrive. I'm probably getting about 7.25% now since they are 70% worn down.
At 2500 rpm in 6th gear, the speedometer shows 56, so I'm actually doing about 60.
The cvt gets 27.3% more overdrive than the 6 speed. I didn't realize it was that much when I bought the car. I think they deliberately designed the 6 speed to get worse mileage at higher speeds to sell more automatic trannys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.