Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
My name is Kevin and I just turned 20 on the 24th of this month (January). I needed a new car as my old 1998 Volvo S70 was about to die and I fell in love with a 2007 Versa with 117,800 miles on it. I joined this forum primarily for support on keeping my Versa running nice and clean, I couldn't afford the added warrenty so I have to do everything myself, or bring it to a cheaper fix it shop for my needs. I got the car back in November I believe, and now have 123,xxx miles on it. I feel terrible to say however that I have not done any maintainance on it in that period and am really looking to get some feedback on people who own these wonderful cars on how to take care of it. I have read through the maintainance booklet to no such luck on finiding out what fluids I should be using and what not. I really want this car to last me the 5 year my loan is for so that I will hopefully be completing my RN degree and will be able to get a different car, most likely another Nissan as I love Nissan more than pretty much every other car company. I will be starting a thread in the appropriate category to ask my questions and I hope to see you all around.

Thanks for reading.
Kevin.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Glad to hear you're enjoying your Versa. Just one question, would you mind telling us how much you paid for your car? With 117k miles and a five year loan I hope you got yourself a good deal. I mean don't get me wrong, I love versas and they do last. But I'm just a little puzzled on why you got a car with such high milage with a 5 year loan. Again, welcome to the forum. And again don't get me wrong, I'm just a little curious.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Damn, I feel like a duchbag now with the long post lol ^

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Wasn't trying to be a douch, just curious why he bought it with so many miles on such a long term loan. Didn't mean anything by it. :smilejap:

I always welcome new comers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got it because I only make $8 an hour, and live on a tight tight tight budget. I got the car for $6,600. The cheapest car I could find really. My volvo had 230,000 on it, so it's much lower than that!

and its a 2007 base model. There is no badging on it other than the nissan sign and versa sign. I don't know much about it really other than that lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't feel offended driving it or owning it at all! I seriously right now wouldn't trade it for anything. It's an amazingly nice, smooth ride, and gets great gas milage. I may do some mods on it eventually, rebuild the motor and such (forged internals, maybe bored a little bigger), but since there isn't to many aftermarket parts on the market for them right now...plus my salary it will have to wait. I will be getting my Bachelors in Nursing in a couple years and by then I'll either be able to afford the 2013 hatch that is supposed to be coming out or rebuild mine. Either way I love Versas!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.