Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello, just found this web site a few weeks ago while looking up valve adjustment/noise during cold starts.
Once I found this site just started reading and several hours went by,need to join in.
I bought my Versa 09' Hatchback for a work car.......now it's the fun car!
It's fun to pass all the gas stations, fun to take corners at a higher speed than my truck can and fun to park in the economy car spaces while out gambling.
About myself, I work on big jets for AA major airlines for too long, I own a small engine repair business (to make up for the lack of pay AAt the airlines). And the car is to small to fit the whole family in, by two.
But at 30 mpg @ 80 mph, I can leave a couple kids at home and come back and get them!
I started looking at web site for valve adjustments/noise.....
Then was thinking a little more pep under the hood would be nice,not trying to cover the 1/4 mile in 8 seconds. but sit next to a vette during heavy acceleration(on his part) would be fun.
Turbo? heavy plumbing,high costs......then was looking at the electric air boost/super charger......Anybody play with that?
I was trying to look for a cheap boost and keep the fuel mpg without going broke........right....buy another car.....lol
Thanks, Roger

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Roger Roger, lol. Welcome, hope you enjoy the site and the help offered here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome, RedAlertV........looks like after more reading and viewing, my wallet will not be able to keep up with the mods available.
Do I do a sleeper? in a plain wrapper or buy an engine/trans and start building?
A nice deep throaty exhaust would be good as well. high torque on the low end for off the line, followed with a boost of 6-8psi @ 4500rpm would work.
Sorry,thinking out loud.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Not to worry, everyone thinks out loud here lol, that's the point. But that is a good plan, definitely be a good sleeper. Specially with all the hondas on this town ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.