Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
check out neweggmall and search nissan versa i know its not what most people would want but they have nice items in there like a high output bulbs that is 11.xx dollars with free shipping cant beat that :p well it can be beat with ebay stuff :p http://www.neweggmall.com/product/SearchResult.aspx?keyword=nissan%2520versa&pageindex=1&pagesize=6&order=2 you might find something that you want :p for me its just the headlight bulbs :p if you change headlights every 6 months then in 3 years you would only spend 72 dollars :p but for some reason the V gets more life out of the bulbs so if it burns every year then in 3 years you get to spend 36 dollars if you are planning on keeping the V for 10 years then better get an HID :p thats the way i look at it hihihi

i found another one http://www.autoplusshop.com click on search and then click Tiida but its in thailand language :p

·
Registered
567 Posts
AWESOME!!! I'm not sure what to do about the lighting. Stock is so dim, but I don't think I NEED HID... But it's not like people switch over because they NEED it - the lights just look very cool and bright and clean. Hmmm. decisions, decisions

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the one i have right now is called sunshine xenon i guess you can buy it here
http://www.energyspeed.com/servlet/the-23098/AUDI-Cabriolet-1995-1996/Detail
i like free shipping lol I know it says audi but its an H4 so it will fit our versa people are just too OCD labeling everything and not just calling it an H4 bulb lol this bulb will give you a very bright out put and its NOT bluish so its safe from popo.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
double post lol
No mine didnt burn in 6 months but people claim that their H4 burns in 6 months my Nokya H4 before the blue one lasted for 2 years and then the driver side went dead so i replace the driver side so i still have (2 working nokya and 1 brand new nokya bulb) that is in my room. The one im using atm is called sunshine which i posted above. Its very bright but its not bluish. :p

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
All aftermarket bulbs burn out. They either have a coating or run hotter. This is what gives up the "cool" looking headlights. This is also what make them not last as long. Not too mention they are all cheaply made. Stick with the OEM bulb if you want it to last. If you want it to look good swap it out.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
All aftermarket bulbs burn out. They either have a coating or run hotter. This is what gives up the "cool" looking headlights. This is also what make them not last as long. Not too mention they are all cheaply made. Stick with the OEM bulb if you want it to last. If you want it to look good swap it out.
I had Password:JDM H4 4350K bulbs, they were bright the first 2 weeks. It rained one night and I turn on my lights, I couldnt see the road at all, even with hi-beams. I pulled them out and the blue coating, which I thought was the glass, was all warped and melted. I bought clear glassed bulbs the next day, they had much more illumination on another rainy night.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's a lot of power draw for those bulbs.
it draws the same amount 100/90 like the oem bulb but the out put is 170/160. the only time i had bad luck with aftermarket bulbs was with my 2000 civic which only lasted for 8 months but with the V my bulbs from nokya lasted 2 years and only 1 burnt after 2 years. try it first on the V because it has a different voltage regulator than your other car.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Most H4 globes that die a short life do so because someone touches the glass, which leaves a small, oily residue that causes hot spots, and therefore drastically reduces the life of the globe.

The little 'nipple' at the end is designed so you can grip it there, or on its purpose built base if need be :)

Coppers here are going nutso with aftermarket globes, slapping defects on anything that's non standard......

·
Registered
446 Posts
I had a pair of these in my car.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsProduct.jsp?itemIdentifier=946949_0_10446_&skuDescription=Silver+Star+Ultra+/+Headlight&brandName=Silver+Star+Ultra&displayName=Headlight&categoryNValue=&sortType=&store=1943&isSearchByPartNumber=&fromWhere=&fromString=&counter=0&itemId=44-0&navValue=14300044&filterByKeyWord=&productId=946949&searchText=&categoryDisplayName=Collision,+Body+Parts+&+Hardware&parentId=43-0

They were crazy bright in all types of weather, and the brights are awesome. Enhanced side vision and better sign recognition are just a few benefits. In the snow it feels like I can see forever. They don't produce a blue glare at all, just a very pure white light that is extremely bright. Definitely :thumb2:!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I had a pair of these in my car.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsProduct.jsp?itemIdentifier=946949_0_10446_&skuDescription=Silver+Star+Ultra+/+Headlight&brandName=Silver+Star+Ultra&displayName=Headlight&categoryNValue=&sortType=&store=1943&isSearchByPartNumber=&fromWhere=&fromString=&counter=0&itemId=44-0&navValue=14300044&filterByKeyWord=&productId=946949&searchText=&categoryDisplayName=Collision,+Body+Parts+&+Hardware&parentId=43-0

They were crazy bright in all types of weather, and the brights are awesome. Enhanced side vision and better sign recognition are just a few benefits. In the snow it feels like I can see forever. They don't produce a blue glare at all, just a very pure white light that is extremely bright. Definitely :thumb2:!
Did they last a while? I've seen posts about how they don't last longer than 6 months. However, who knows if the bulbs weren't put in correctly (finger smudges, etc).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
10 Participants
PCversa
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing