Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a set of Nismo RS Coil springs online for pretty cheap. I figured that since the platform is the same platform as the Juke, it would work. I was correct. Today I installed a set of rear coils only. I am happy to report that it is much more comfortable to me now. I used to hit the pavement transitions on the freeway and the whole back end would just squat. Even with brand new shocks, the suspension would just not take care of any little characters of the road. After a test drive with the new coils, it felt so tight and so right.

I plan to install front coil springs when I have the time and feel like disassembling the strut.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It didn't take that long. I just lifted the back end, loosened the bottom nuts on the rear shocks, then dropped the rear axle down. I compared the coils before putting them in and made sure that the rubber mounts lined up with the perches on the axle and put the coils in. Took me less than an hour to do.
You can probably change springrates by using sentra, standard juke, or leaf suspension. The Versa Note has the exact same suspension setup except for the front knuckles if my research is correct.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is very interesting, for the 2015 Versa Note does anybody think it's the same except Kicks instead of Juke.
Do you think the Sentra SE-R stuff would work?

Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am half sure that sentra SE-R suspension may work, but I havent done much further research other than trying to see if the hubs are 5-lug bolt ons to a Versa.

Ride is stiffer now. I don't feel every bump on the freeway, its not too firm. Rebound after the bumps are no longer as aggressive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts