Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, I am trying to swap in a driver seat from a newer nismo sentra/juke to a 2007-2012 Versa. Here to both get and give out information.

As for providing information, the Nismo sentra seats will NOT fit in straightforward. Juke/Sentra seat rails are flat in both the front and rear. While the 2007-2012 Versa seats are flat in the rear but angled down at the front mount. Base model seats will not be useable for the seat rails as the slider handle is a part of the seat bottom skeleton and cannot just be swapped to the Nismo seats. Even if you found a way to mount the original base model versa rails, the mounting points from the rails to the seat brackets do not line up at all.
I have not tested if the airbag light will be lit with the seat. Nismo Suede seats are somewhat easy to take the rails off of since they have a height adjustment which separates the seat from the rails almost completely. After removing the four torx bolts from the rails to the chassis, there is only 4 hex bolts you need to remove from the seats, 2 on each side of the seat after removing the plastic handles and covers on each side.

As for getting information, does a higher trim than Base Versa have height adjustment as well? Can you show photos of how the rails attach to the seat? I'll post photos tomorrow on how the height adjust system is on the Nismo suede seats and hopefully it would be similar.
What are the differences between the newer sentras as opposed to the C11 versas as far as the airbag deployment system and how do they interface.
Does anyone know of any situations in which swapping an airbag/seat airbag and steering wheel from another vehicle of the same make causing injuries in case of an accident? (For example a maxima steering wheel and airbag in a versa note). I am coming up empty with online searches for this kind of information.

In the meantime I am planning to see if there is a way I can create an adapter to fit the versa mounting points to adapt to the Nismo suede rails. Sorry for the large post.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Good post with interesting thoughts on doing a seat swap. However, there's a few factors to consider that were not mentioned. First, both seats and steering wheels are specifically designed for the models they go in. By swapping seats or steering wheels, you are also altering specific design parameters (airbag deployment angles, stress points, etc.) that were engineered by factory engineers. This could result in accidents or injuries that were preventable, and in our litigious society, potential legal action.

For example, if there was an accident and the insurance company discovered part of the reason for a significant injury was due to a non-standard part being used, don't you think they'd refuse to cover it? Also, anyone who had such an accident involving mixing parts from different models could be prohibited from discussing it due to the legal ramifications. It's a difficult and complicated issue to figure out, but I'd suggest caution before committing to modifying your Versa permanently.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.