Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have never been in a car with a CVT, but I am told they are buzzy and don't drive like typical automatics. I have no issues with my 5-speed, the clutch is really light, I just wish the gears were a bit more widely spaced. You can comfortably cruise in 5th at 40 mph but by the time you get to highway speeds the engine is really roaring just to maintain speed.

Also, the EPA fuel economy estimates are lower for the manual (26/35 versus 30/38) but my 5-speed never sees less than like 38 MPG, even around town. I have gotten 47 MPG before.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never been in a car with a CVT, but I am told they are buzzy and don't drive like typical automatics. I have no issues with my 5-speed, the clutch is really light, I just wish the gears were a bit more widely spaced. You can comfortably cruise in 5th at 40 mph but by the time you get to highway speeds the engine is really roaring just to maintain speed.

Also, the EPA fuel economy estimates are lower for the manual (26/35 versus 30/38) but my 5-speed never sees less than like 38 MPG, even around town. I have gotten 47 MPG before.
Sometimes I don't realize my cvt is running and will turn my key. my last stick shift was a Hyundai elantra to had 138 hp nut did the transmission did not last long. the versa,has 109 hp and that does nit seem like much. the transmission could probably support 6 gears

·
Registered
44 Posts
I will check too. Unfortunately we don't have tachometers. I actually learned how to drive stick in my friend's 2003 Hyundai Elantra 5speed and it had over 140k on the original transmission, shifted fine. My Versa has 32k miles on it so far and no issues.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will check too. Unfortunately we don't have tachometers. I actually learned how to drive stick in my friend's 2003 Hyundai Elantra 5speed and it had over 140k on the original transmission, shifted fine. My Versa has 32k miles on it so far and no issues.

I had an Elantra 5-Speed It went to pot after 100k, I wont buy Korean anymore.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
The first tank of gas averaged 30 mikes /gal. The mpg guage said 35 though.

The second tank averaged 35, the guage said 37. Its possible the car did not come witha full tank of gas. the 2nd take was premium with no ethanol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.