Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a nissan versa 2009 car and I have an AC problem. Last year my compressor totally broke down so I have to change it. Then earlier I noticed something wrong with my compressor. Its not automatically turning off.
Wht i mean it that it should stop for a specific period of time right? then should be on again and so on so forth... so the compressor should not be overheating.
But its not, its continuously running all the time I turn the AC on so what im doing is pressing the on/off button for a specified time just so the compressor would remain cool enough not to break down.

Please tell me what seems to be wrong?

Thank you guys

·
Registered
690 Posts
What were the symptoms when the last compressor blew? Did it seize up? Was it the clutch that stopped working? How is the performance of the AC? Ice cold all the time? Did you personally recharge the system? Put enough refrigerant in?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pulley just gave in and its giving horrendous sound I cant bear so I gave up and the tech told me they need to replace the compressor and the evaporator so they changed it and they charged me like $500 off of it. Its been cold but not really ice cold, i can stand it but i really need to fix this A/C control issue or else my compressor might broke down again and I dont really know about cars at all. I though if I can fix it on my own I can save some money.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a nissan versa 2009 car and I have an AC problem. Last year my compressor totally broke down so I have to change it.
did you change it yourself or did somebody else change it for you?

if you took the car somewhere and have it changed, for how long was the warranty on parts and labor? maybe it is still underwarranty

·
Registered
690 Posts
If it isn't ice cold, it might just be low on refrigerant.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A/C temperature is not my problem. My problem is that the compressor doesn't seem to stop automatically just like other cars do (eg. after 30 seconds of activity it should stop for a while and start again after sometime). The compressor just keeps on running even when im speeding fast or slow. Im afraid it will damage my compressor just like before.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
A/C temperature is not my problem. My problem is that the compressor doesn't seem to stop automatically just like other cars do (eg. after 30 seconds of activity it should stop for a while and start again after sometime). The compressor just keeps on running even when im speeding fast or slow. Im afraid it will damage my compressor just like before.
uhmmm...hard to tell.

I'm not an AC expert or anything so in order to find out if there's a problem with the AC i would hook it up to a gauge and see what psi number reads on the low side and high side.

chances are the system is full and the compressor is clicking on and off but you can't hear it or if its low you may need to add more refrigerant

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
You should remove the belt and check to be sure each tensioner and pulley are spinning freely. With only having the single belt you don't want that snapping. Your car will overheat rather quickly without the waterpump turning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.