Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan started taking reservations today for the leaf. I signed up but can't pull the trigger on the $99 refundable deposit. I know I won't buy one but really wanted to participate in this even to see if any huge perks would be giving to early buyers.

I had a screen that showed the leaf in many different colors besides the blue. Let me tell you it looks way better in other colors then that blue. I can't get back to the screen where you choose the colors but I did find a screenshot of the red online.

I love the leaf and hope it's a huge hit.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I agree that the red is much nicer than the blue. But I don't have any plans to buy another sedan or hatchback or any other daily driver for that matter.
I want to downgrade the Versa eventually to a winter only car. Plus I can only imagine how much that will cost here in Canada. Not really worth it to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm still very skeptical on battery technology right now to go will an all electric car. Battery life cannot be that good to keep this car for 5-7 years, after that amount of time you would hope battery technology will be a lot better. But then having to replace the battery in this thing will not be cheap or covered under any kind of warranty or insurance.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I don't find it cute at all, which is weird because I find a lot of cars cute.

If I had to redo my purchase at Nissan now I might go with a Cube. It's so darn cute.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think it's all that cute either but I do like the looks. And now showing other colors besides the blue all the time makes it look even better. I find it much more aesthetically pleasing then our V's. It just flows so much better. The only thing I do not like all that much is the bump in the back. I think it's too much. I am in love with the roof and belt line.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't find it cute at all, which is weird because I find a lot of cars cute.

If I had to redo my purchase at Nissan now I might go with a Cube. It's so darn cute.
my sis has a cube and she loves it. it's a lease so she is about to get rid of it. she might go back to a versa she said.

She's had an old style xterra, new style xterra, versa sedan, sentra, and now the cube. she's digging the hatch :biggrin5:

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
too show my point of how the roof and belt line are far sexier on the Leaf then V I did a side by side :)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Ya the cube is adorable. I would only get one if something happened to my Versa. I financed my Versa to own so she's staying with me until he dies.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
i completely agree with that statement!!
However, the only downside about the Cube is no sunroof is available from the dealer :(

So I think if the Cube was out when I bought my Versa, that in the end I would have gone with the Versa anyways, just for that specific reason.

It would have been a really tough choice for me ...

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
However, the only downside about the Cube is no sunroof is available from the dealer :(

So I think if the Cube was out when I bought my Versa, that in the end I would have gone with the Versa anyways, just for that specific reason.

I hate that it dosent have a sunroof. I think it is so stupid!!!! Its got the interior height and body length for one. Thats the only thing I dont like about it. Im gonna say the 2nd generation will have one. And not just one, but two. Like the maxima and quest have skylights. But when I really think about it.... The 1st generation scion XB didnt have a factory one either, that Im aware of, lol.

·
Registered
551 Posts

i had a sunroof on my last car...and its issues have scarred me for life
and i NEVER want another car with a sunroof ever again!

i liked it...but i wouldn't pay money for another one =/
stupid swedish piece of crap Saab! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They have been chrome in all pics I have seen. The ones posted in this thread almost make them look like black chrome. I am doubting nissan is stupid enough to put cheap black plastic handles on a $32k car. You never know though.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's definitely not for everyone. Electric vehicles are not cheap but this one is by far the most inexpensive. The mitsubishi imiev is half the size and cost $40k+ I beleive. Then the MINI E isn't even for sale but costs almost $900 month to lease. Closest thing to the leaf is the tesla model S that costs $58k and goes 160miles on a charge.

I would pay a little more for the joy of not ever dealing with coolant, PS fluid, transmission fluid, gear oil, air filters, exhausts, Emission components, many other things and most of all gas. Sure there will be things I would need to deal with being an electric car but it's got to be far less things and less messy then a gas powered car.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I guess if your willing to spend the money and drive the electric car for the rest of your life it might be worth it. Other than that, I'd rather drive this car for another 10 years and then get something else.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts