Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not sure how much they are asking for the extended warrenty but I will tell you my experience...Right after my warrenty ran out my A/C went out, radio had problems, latch to open hood broke, and hinge joint on front right tire broke (which broke axel). Now I don't want to make the Versa seem like a poor choice, I LOVE my V! But, I wish I had an extended warrenty because all of this happened shortly after the warrenty was up. just my .02

·
Registered
106 Posts
There are quite a few different options and levels within options, including how many miles you want the maintenance plus for:

If it is anything like the extended warranty, there is a huge mark-up on the pricing for the various plan options. If there was any way you could find out the actual cost of the maintenance plus packages and pay that price, it may approach being worth it.

For my own V, in five years of ownership doing all of the maintenance work myself which includes 5k oil changes, tire rotations, also, yearly changing of air and cabin filters, wiper blades, and even several coolant and auto-tranny fluid changes (using Nissan fluids), I have spend around $500 total.

I would say, if they are charging more than that for a 5 year plan, it is not worth it. Remember you are paying up front for work that may (or may not) take place several years later.

From Nissan:

There's an easy way to make sure your Nissan get the proper service it deserves, and it's called Maintenance+Plus.

Maintenance+Plus provides four different service plans with five time-and-mileage options designed to fit a variety of personal driving habits. Three of these plans offer identical service recommended in your Service and Maintenance Guide. Since all Maintenance+Plus plans have no deductible, you get an outstanding value to go along with expert Nissan service.

Each plan offers high quality service from Nissan factory trained technicians equipped with the latest diagnostic tools, as well as Genuine Nissan Parts. With so many choices, it's easy to find the Maintenance+Plus plan that's right for you.

Maintenance+Plus provides excellent service for your vehicle and long term peace of mind for you. Time and Mileage Options include:

12 months/15,000 miles
24 months/30,000 miles
36 months/45,000 miles
48 months/60,000 miles
60 months/75,000 miles
72 months/90,000 miles
84 months/105,000 miles
96 months/120,000 miles
* Nissan LEAF is not eligible for Maintenance+Plus plans past 60 months/75,000 miles, while the GT-R is not eligible past 60 months/60,000 miles.

Gold Preferred Plan
Gold Plan
Silver Plan
Bronze Plan

Gold Preferred Plan
Premium Level - Every 3 months or 3,750 miles

The Premium Level offers the highest degree of preventive maintenance. This plan provides 17 different services and replacements and over 33 different inspection items. Depending on the time and mileage plan you choose, the Premium Level includes the cost of replacing your drive belts, in-cabin microfilter, wiper blades, engine coolant, and automatic transmission fluid just to name a few. This plan also includes tire road hazard protection and a rental car allowance every 15,000 miles.

Gold Plan
Schedule 1 Level - Every 3 months or 3,750 miles
Schedule 2 Level - Every 6 months or 7,500 miles

Schedule 1 and 2 Levels provide up to 11 different services and replacements and over 19 different inspection items. Depending on the time and mileage option you choose the Schedule 1 and 2 Levels will cover the cost of replacing your in-cabin microfilter, engine coolant, engine air filter, and manual transmission oil. These plans also include tire road hazard protection and a car rental allowance every 30,000 miles.

Silver Plan
Value 1 Level - Every 3 months or 3,750 miles
Value 2 Level - Every 6 months or 7,500 miles

Value 1 and 2 Levels provide for the replacement of engine oil, engine oil filter, and rotation of tires. In addition, your drive belts, vapor lines, fuel lines, brake pad/shoes, transmission fluid, steering system, exhaust system, and front drive shaft boots are routinely inspected. Includes tire road hazard protection.

Bronze Plan
Basic 1 Level - Every 3 months or 3,750 miles
Basic 2 Level - Every 6 months or 7,500 miles

Basic 1 and 2 Levels offer the most basic preventative maintenance. These plans provide for the replacement of engine oil, engine oil filter, and rotation of tires.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I got the 12 month one for $90 when I bought it a week or so ago. My car came w/ a lifetime warranty for powertrain/transmission but you have to have documented receipts that the work was done. So no diy stuff for me :(

But $90 for 4 oil changes/roates isnt to bad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.