Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear sir,

Vin Number= SJC11003924
Engine Number= MR18011273A
Model Number= BDSARHZC11EDA

Description of the Problem:
I bought the car recently from a garage in Windhoek. The car was starting and moving fine just the battery of the key was flat and the front fenders had small dents. Therefore, I had to open the door manually with the key. I changed the battery of the car key and now the car was opening and closing using lock and unlock buttons on the key. Still starting and moving fine. I took the car to panel beater to fix the fenders and they did. I went to collect the car and it was still running fine. I collected the car and the guy asked me to bring for polish next morning when I go to work and I did so. When I went to collect the car, the guy drove from the yard to outside. I started the car and as soon as I put the car in reverse it died. I tried to start, the car was cranking but not starting. All the lights are coming on. The panel beater asked me to leave the car there. They removed the battery terminals and left the car like that the whole afternoon. When I went to collect the car after work, it started in the first crank. I drove for almost 5 KM without any problem when the engine light and others came on as car died. It didn’t start after that although cranks. I towed the car to a local mechanic who checked and found everything to be okay( such as battery, fuses, fuel pump etc) and declared that he thinks there might be a problem with immobiliser but the key opens and closes the doors. He opened the key also and told me that the key doesn’t have any chip.

Your assistance will be highly appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the reponse; but what kind of a electrical problem. i have got it checked from more than 3 mechanics now

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
does the car start and then dies?
it starts sometimes, then it dies?

or sometimes it doesn't want to start? and when it dies, does the light on the Dash come on?

The reason I ask is just to have more information about the problem.

is the car paid off? is this the first time you're having problems with the car or have you had problems all the time from the first day you bought it?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
If it doesnt have a chip in the key, then the car should not be starting at all! If you need a chip, and its starting, then theres a problem. I wounder because its electrical problem, if its the BCM or ECU. More towards the BCM though. I had problems with me ignition one time, and Nissan detected it to be a faulty BCM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys, Thank you for your responses. After one month a few days struggle, the car is finally fixed. The Nissan Dealership here in Windhoek agreed to take in and the next afternoon the lady called me to say; Mr. Niaz, your car cant start, come and tow it away. as i was about to faint, she told me that she is joking; i must go and fetch the car. They charged me 5000 NAD which is equivalent of almost 588 USD. but i had already spent like 200-300USD at different mechanics. One had even changed starter motor. Nissan guys told me that they fixed wiring harness underdashboard and at computer box. ECM. The car used to switch on, all the lights use to come on and crank but not start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts