Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks :smile ,

I’m facing an issue with my Nissan TIIDA 2012 Trunk Button/Lock Release.
This Car trunk can be opened by press of Button located in Trunk Lid, but since couple of months I couldn’t open the trunk using this button even after unlocking all the car doors by Key Remote & also by Power Door Lock Switch. So after this case nowadays I always wanna turn off the Engine to take the key & unlock the trunk by key which is so annoying :crying:

Please advise me what could be the Issue.

Thanks in advance,

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Could be a broke cable. When you say button are you saying a push button or a pull lever? I have the base S model so my car has a lever on the floor next to the driver seat. I can also open it with my key in the lock and if locked inside the trunk which is very roomy I can pull the zip cord inside the trunk to open it. :grin

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hi Folks :smile ,

I’m facing an issue with my Nissan TIIDA 2012 Trunk Button/Lock Release.
This Car trunk can be opened by press of Button located in Trunk Lid, but since couple of months I couldn’t open the trunk using this button even after unlocking all the car doors by Key Remote & also by Power Door Lock Switch. So after this case nowadays I always wanna turn off the Engine to take the key & unlock the trunk by key which is so annoying :crying:

Please advise me what could be the Issue.

Thanks in advance,
If your vehicle is like the Versa sedan, both the button on the remote and button on the trunk are connected to a computer control module located in the front passenger side door. Getting to that part and then having a way to test it seems to be a BIG issue. I just had an extra spare key made up just to unlock the trunk rather that taking apart the door and trying to fix the problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could be a broke cable. When you say button are you saying a push button or a pull lever? I have the base S model so my car has a lever on the floor next to the driver seat. I can also open it with my key in the lock and if locked inside the trunk which is very roomy I can pull the zip cord inside the trunk to open it. :grin
First of all thanks for your comment.

The button I meant is located above the Rear Number/License Plate. Not the Lever which is used to be located near to the driver seat.

Regards,

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your vehicle is like the Versa sedan, both the button on the remote and button on the trunk are connected to a computer control module located in the front passenger side door. Getting to that part and then having a way to test it seems to be a BIG issue. I just had an extra spare key made up just to unlock the trunk rather that taking apart the door and trying to fix the problem.
Thanks for your suggestion & Ideas mate.

The spare key is a good one too.
One of my friend has the exact Car as mine here, he had the same issue in same day which occurred to me. He hot wired it from the actual system. he disconnected the line from the Computer & gave the wire direct. Technically It's unlocked all the times, which I don't like to do it to my car but I advised him to setup a small switch on the empty slots located on canter counsel, so he can lock & unlock when ever he wants.

Dear Pls give me some more info, I'm not so good at this stuffs but I'm an IT guy and I don't hesitate to get my hands dirty, I love to try things & learn to fix stuffs with my own Car of course ^_^

Is it a painstaking work if I wanna fix this issue properly? or impossible?
If above not okay I will go for your Spare key idea or Direct wiring with a separate switch.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
The S model had no button on the hatch. You just stick your key in and twist it and it pops open.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for your suggestion & Ideas mate.

The spare key is a good one too.
One of my friend has the exact Car as mine here, he had the same issue in same day which occurred to me. He hot wired it from the actual system. he disconnected the line from the Computer & gave the wire direct. Technically It's unlocked all the times, which I don't like to do it to my car but I advised him to setup a small switch on the empty slots located on canter counsel, so he can lock & unlock when ever he wants.

Dear Pls give me some more info, I'm not so good at this stuffs but I'm an IT guy and I don't hesitate to get my hands dirty, I love to try things & learn to fix stuffs with my own Car of course ^_^

Is it a painstaking work if I wanna fix this issue properly? or impossible?
If above not okay I will go for your Spare key idea or Direct wiring with a separate switch.

Thanks.
Hi so I'm going to TRY to keep this as simple as possible... but remember this problem ISN'T COMPLETELY simple..like it should be!!

So I took my 2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback SL hatchback interior door panel off, removed one of the "hotwired wires"...the one that wasn't completely exposed...[continue reading about "think .. a hole of a straw.."] (2 wires that needed to be manually connected on the exterior of trunk..kind of tucked under the trunk handle..each time I wanted to open trunk....1 wire was partially stripped, the other wasn't completely stripped..just at the tip..think of where the hole on a straw is)...BUT NOW I'm currently "stuck" at the 'trunk is technically always unlocked, (even when the rest of the car is locked').. [As I went to Advance Auto Parts & purchased a tailgate switch (part # 901888 $62.)] installed the switch, which amounted to removing trunk exterior handle, inserting the button & plugging it into where the original should've been. And , So I'm sort of positive that if I temporarily ground this switch with the remaining "hotwired" wire (that wasn't completely exposed)...which I've now partially stripped..somewhere...BUT THIS IS THE POINT....I'M NOT SURE WHERE TO GROUND IT TO....someone PLEASE PLEASE HELP!?!?!?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hi so I'm going to TRY to keep this as simple as possible... but remember this problem ISN'T COMPLETELY simple..like it should be!!

So I took my 2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback SL hatchback interior door panel off, removed one of the "hotwired wires"...the one that wasn't completely exposed...[continue reading about "think .. a hole of a straw.."] (2 wires that needed to be manually connected on the exterior of trunk..kind of tucked under the trunk handle..each time I wanted to open trunk....1 wire was partially stripped, the other wasn't completely stripped..just at the tip..think of where the hole on a straw is)...BUT NOW I'm currently "stuck" at the 'trunk is technically always unlocked, (even when the rest of the car is locked').. [As I went to Advance Auto Parts & purchased a tailgate switch (part # 901888 $62.)] installed the switch, which amounted to removing trunk exterior handle, inserting the button & plugging it into where the original should've been. And , So I'm sort of positive that if I temporarily ground this switch with the remaining "hotwired" wire (that wasn't completely exposed)...which I've now partially stripped..somewhere...BUT THIS IS THE POINT....I'M NOT SURE WHERE TO GROUND IT TO....someone PLEASE PLEASE HELP!?!?!?
I used one of these boxes to control front daytime running lights I installed. Works like a charm, and easy to install:

https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Universal-Remote-Control/dp/B000ZRW78Q

·
Registered
3 Posts
Btw... this is the part that I've already installed, but it needs to be only temporarily grounded... as permanent grounding it causes it to be ALWAYS unlocked even when the rest of the car is completely locked....THIS is where I'm stuck/can't figure out how to "temporarily ground" it ....Any ideas??????��������

And also my existing key AND fob BOTH works well..(fob ONLY locks/unlocks doors/sets alarm), key starts car. [FYI: There's no keyhole in trunk]. So I don't think I need to replace those. Just need to figure out grounding issue.. as I'm NOT sure how/where to do this!?!??

I don't want to leave as is, because of fear of theft of course. ���� Please help!?!?!?!?

Thanks!��

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/dorman-oe-solutions-tailgate-switch-901-888/11953659-P?krypto=lihfukSmbRP5Yjak9iN3Wd4VKTD4L8zVP7XDA77x5iWIjqUFfmu/kE27QgQzuBJSx5rZf3h+EngweKnnIHShSkyced64q4WrO0z90XFWj13FlJeKdTj1rIBNECnjDi5T3F9ifToM/wqvCTz5i8PJdJjAc0sy4dXE3BU0FL2Z/77wmnYdevmz24gHjRkYL8mu3hKpB9gA+J0TydlyP09545nX/cEPL2nMi+6oDBdKipxexWop661Z5V9nt/0w+C2uuh1vQlQQNYyZGW2J99Y04WUMp4RO3i/FH+iiR8jZ7D6eHCLtTKczF4LYfLK5SnbiuPeO9sthoHKdtdxQ/HTPIg==

·
Registered
985 Posts
I don't have a clue as to what you have done there but it is clearly wrong, and I say that having rewired so many things I cannot count on cars. To begin with, you pretty much don't temporarily ground anything, you temporarily POWER it if possible and the ground is constant.

Based on your description of things I'd advise getting some else to look at what you are doing there.

I went and looked the switch you bought...........while it may well work and look close, there is no way I would be using it as the job there can easily be done with a $10 switch to make $50 out of thin air. All that is is a cheap crap momentary contact switch. You whoppingly overpaid for it and what Dorman does. Not even $5 worth of parts there at all, it's like the rest of modern electrical that when I was in parts we paid say $2 for to then charge $30 for. Ridiculous, and all based on the buyer perception that it must look exactly like the other part or it won't work. Modern exact replacement electrical has turned into one of the biggest scams ever done in auto parts, it is common to overpay 10X what that stuff is truly worth..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts