Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Everyone. I am in desperate need of anyone help. I have a Nissan Versa/Tiida 2010 and i have been having this problem for over 2 weeks now and it is getting worst.

The problem is when i start the car on mornings it works perfectly until i drive it for a little while (maybe 15-35mins) and it starts to get hot, when i come to a stop while the car is still on D the engine vibrates the car where it shakes the whole car.

When on N it shakes but not as bad but any other gear R or P it shakes a lot. Here is what i have checked and done so far:

Replaced intake manifold rubber seal and checked the other seals as well
Checked coil pack and spark plugs and it was good.
changed coolant sensor
Change engine oil, filter and air filter
Clean throttle body

I dont know what else to do, i really need help. I just want to cry :-(

Someone please help me

Here is a video of what the car is doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umt7YyzhNmw

·
Registered
674 Posts
Morning Everyone. I am in desperate need of anyone help. I have a Nissan Versa/Tiida 2010 and i have been having this problem for over 2 weeks now and it is getting worst.

The problem is when i start the car on mornings it works perfectly until i drive it for a little while (maybe 15-35mins) and it starts to get hot, when i come to a stop while the car is still on D the engine vibrates the car where it shakes the whole car.

When on N it shakes but not as bad but any other gear R or P it shakes a lot. Here is what i have checked and done so far:

Replaced intake manifold rubber seal and checked the other seals as well
Checked coil pack and spark plugs and it was good.
changed coolant sensor
Change engine oil, filter and air filter
Clean throttle body

I dont know what else to do, i really need help. I just want to cry :-(

Someone please help me

Here is a video of what the car is doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umt7YyzhNmw

You make no mention if you are getting any kind of code, but below is a list of possible causes (some of which you have already taken care of) that may cause your engine to lope:

ENGINE SPEED “HUNTING”

• IAC

• ECM

• Fuel pump control circuit

• Spark plug(s)

• Ignition system

• Injector(s)

• PCV

Crankshaft position sensor (CKP)

A faulty CKP issue should be accompanied by a P0336 code. The CKP is (usually) a two-wire sensor (signal and ground). The sensor features a permanent magnet (or three-wire hall-effect sensor, featuring ground, voltage and signal) mounted in the engine block that aligns with a toothed reluctor wheel that is attached to the crankshaft.

As the crank rotates, the reluctor wheel passing by the magnet generates an AC signal that the ECU uses to identify engine speed. Depending on the engine design and model, the number of reluctor wheel teeth may vary. Keep in mind that even within the same engine family (the GM LS engines are an example), the tooth count will vary, and the tooth-count must be matched to the programming in the ECU.

In combination with the camshaft position sensor (CMP), the CKP signals are used by the ECU to manage fuel injection and spark delivery.

A faulty CKP (or CKP circuit) can easily cause an intermittent misfire, which naturally results in what the driver may perceive as a surging effect. A bad CKP can also cause a no-start and intermittent stalling issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
pimperell
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing