Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Nissan has plans to add another performance oriented NISMO model to its ranks.

At the upcoming Chicago Auto Show, Nissan will preview a 'never-seen-before,' NISMO model. The brand dropped no hints as to what it might be.

It’s possible that it will be the Versa Note NISMO which is already on sale in Japan or a production version of the Sentra NISMO Concept. If Nissan stays true to its word though, it will be something entirely new. This leaves possibilities open for a NISMO version of the Altima or maybe even a performance variant of one of the brand’s crossovers.
Read more about the Nissan to Show New NISMO Model in Chicago at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
God I hope is the Sentra.

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
the wording on this really leaves alot to the imagination. What does "never seen before" mean in this case. We have seen the sentra nismo in concept form. Is it a sentra nismo in production form. We have never seen that. Or does it mean a nismo model in concept or production form that's never been seen at all. Such as a Rogue or Murano or Altima.

Could also mean never seen on these shores as not everyone cruises internet sites looking at cars from other countries. So it could be a nismo NOTE. I think the NOTE would make the most sense really.

Or maybe all this talk of never seen before is really just the new nismo race car. Call me curious here. Well played nissan, well played.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Well they also said that they might make a Nismo version or their iDx prototype. Note Nismo might make more sense because it has very few to compete against. I just really hope is the Sentra because well it has never been done before. And if we're going to go with the "Never seen before" there's a good chance it is the Sentra or Altima because the Note Nismo has already been on sale therefore seen lol.

Either way it looks to be a response to the Focus RS and Civic Type-R that are on their way to the states imo.

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Well they also said that they might make a Nismo version or their iDx prototype. Note Nismo might make more sense because it has very few to compete against. I just really hope is the Sentra because well it has never been done before. And if we're going to go with the "Never seen before" there's a good chance it is the Sentra or Altima because the Note Nismo has already been on sale therefore seen lol.
Last I heard the entire IDX project has been scrapped. They already had a nismo IDX concept too. While I would have loved it, it makes sense. They wouldn't sell hardly any of them.

The nismo note has been seen but not on these shores. Like I said I don't know exactly what they mean by "seen". Only vehicles I can think of that nismo hasn't touched anywhere in the world is the rogue and altima.

I hope it's something good and US production ready. I'm tired of nissan and all their concepts and cars we will never get.

edit: Just found out Nismo makes a racing Altima. So guess we are down to the rogue LOL.

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
that is an old article but I wouldn't mind seeing a nismo Sentra. While the sentra sells well it's very bland and the only engine being an under performing naturally aspirated 1.8 (130hp) it's a far cry from the SE-R models of the past.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I think it might be the note nismo as of all magazines, motortrend just did a review of the note nismo s and as we all know, nissan usually doesnt do reviews for american magazines on jdm only models unless they are planning on potentially bringing that particular model to the US market, but we shall see very soon :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think it might be the note nismo as of all magazines, motortrend just did a review of the note nismo s and as we all know, nissan usually doesnt do reviews for american magazines on jdm only models unless they are planning on potentially bringing that particular model to the US market, but we shall see very soon :)
I think you may be right

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
It was a nismo 370z convertible. What a total let down. A car nobody buys in a configuration nobody wants (convertible).

Nissan you make ZERO sense. What a waste of time and money on that junk.

It does look good from this angle but I still don't understand.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
They should do polls when coming out with new stuff. I lot of the cool prototypes never make it to production, they never think about the people that might of bought them. And then you have things like this, I agree with Rob, what a total let down. Just another model to add to the list that no one will ever consider unless they have money to waste. Hardtop looks way cooler anyways, and it's suppose to be the same damn car lol. Just look at the Murano Cabriolet, how many have they sold????

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
They should do polls when coming out with new stuff. I lot of the cool prototypes never make it to production, they never think about the people that might of bought them. And then you have things like this, I agree with Rob, what a total let down. Just another model to add to the list that no one will ever consider unless they have money to waste. Hardtop looks way cooler anyways, and it's suppose to be the same damn car lol. Just look at the Murano Cabriolet, how many have they sold????

I think they sold 2 murano cabrio's and I see those two everyday. They are hideous.

Funny you mention the pole. This is actually what nissan is doing but in a very long drawn out way. Instead of asking us which car we want nismo-fied then building it, they build it and then gauge our reactions. First was the IDx, then the sentra, now the Z. All are concepts and nissan has stated they are keeping an eye out at the publics opinions.

I personally think they should just do a pole then build the car. I could not care less if a 370z convertible nismo ever saw the light of day.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
"Miyatani seemed to suggest the Sentra NISMO concept might be pushing the envelope. “The next model we’re talking about is the Sentra but the Sentra is one of the largest volume models to receive Nismo treatment,” he acknowledged.

He stressed that it will not just be a cosmetic upgrade. The engine will be different as well as improved aerodynamics, suspension and body rigidity. Each model also gets unique Recaro seats"

Could this mean that it's more than just a possibility???

I'm sorry that I keep coming back to it but I just love the idea of a Nismo Sentra way too much lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts