Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Wat happens if i put a 1.8 dc sports cold air intake in a 1.6 engine
I have no personal experience with the intake myself, but a couple of individuals seem to have been able to get it to work.

https://www.amazon.com/DC-Sports-CAI1207-Polished-Installation/dp/B004OVBWGC

Question:

Does this come with all parts required for installation? Is it better than the K&N stock air filter replacement?

Answer:
It came with all parts required for assembly. This intake increased my cars performance, in terms of Hp and even MPG. Way better than stock.
By Anderson Mayes on January 7, 2017
See more answers (4)

Question:
What yr versa does this fit and or 1.6liter or 1.8 liter engine?
Answer:

It fit my 2012 Nissan versa S. 1.8L. I believe it fits all 1st gen versas
By Jhon on May 12, 2018

It fits the 07-10 Nissan Versa, primarily meant for the 1.8L, but if you properly put it on, and put on the rubber tubing tightly onto the throttle body making a good seal, it will work for the 1.6L
By Jbrown on May 12, 2018

Thank you for your question! it would fit on (2007-2012) Nissan Versa's and the motor would have to be 1.8. hope this information helps thank you!
By Pilot Automotive Manufacturer on May 14, 2018

Should be 07' to 11' or 12' versa. My engine is 1.6 base model. And a 2011
By Christopher Boehm on May 12, 2018

I have a 2011 with the 1.8L . It fits great and only took maybe an hour to install, haven't had any problems with it, it sounds great and definitely helps performance
By Amazon Customer on May 13, 2018

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Why stop there? I use to have a 1.6 16 valve suzuki sidekick ljx. Its known if you use the throttle body to the 1.8 and intake tubes, baffles, etc you got MORE POWER.

Seriously, the intake side is designed for low end torque, the exhaust is for upper rpm hp. So, if you screw up the intake side you will loose low end torque, but increase the upper end power. Vice versa with the exhaust. Id like a tri y header myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts