Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its to late after many years now 2022 ,

I own a nissan versa 2010 sedan and i am facing rpm drop problem in my car when its in drive and i stand in red light the rpm drops and it shakes but it is fine in N And P it happen when my car is hot and the main problem i am facing is when my car become hot and i stand in a red light when i press my acceleration the car wont move and the rpm drops it stays on 1000 rpm and sometimes car gets off after pressing it for 2 3 times then the car moves it happens when my car is hot and i have showed my car to many mechanics no one actually knows what is the problem someone please help me.

i am really worried..

·
Registered
550 Posts
When you say the car is hot, do you mean just warmed up, or you are getting a light indicating it's hot?

If it is easily repeatable, you should bring it to a competent shop to diagnose it, or the dealer.

If it's in limp mode, there should be codes stored. It's usually related to the throttle body, accelerator pedal position sensor, or transmission.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If there are no codes stored, and it's not repeatable, brake lamp switch. I'd bet $50 on it.

Pull the sensor and take a volt meter to it. With the plunger depressed, you should get an open loop reading. With the plunger extended it should read 0 ohms. Test it 100 times pressing the plunger in and out.

If you get any number of ohms other than 0 100% of the time....even if it's just .0001....the car thinks you're braking and is preventing gas from going to the engine.

It's one of the dumbest electrical systems I've seen, and this switch is so cheaply made, you can expect it to break again. If you have to buy 1, might as well get a second as a backup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts