Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Nissan Versa hatchback trunk won't open unless the passenger door is physically opened. It's weird, I know. I have replaced the door lock actuator in the passenger door which I thought was the problem. The trunk opens fine with the key fob too. It is not the door look actuator nor the mechanism in the trunk itself. So I'm guessing it's wiring issue. Please help!! Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem

I have the same problem. Were you able to fix your problem? Did you use an OEM part or some no name part? I'm hesitant to buy another and doing it all over again but that might be why it's not fixed properly.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Could be a BCM issue. It has to decide between more than one condition when or when not to activate the trunk latch itself.

The trunk latch button power flow goes through the pass side door latch to confuse the issue more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone figure out this problem and fix it?
This is a semi-informed guess. The power flows through the passenger door latch actuator back to the rear hatchback door switch. If the passenger door is in the locked position, a white plastic arm pushes a contact switch open, not allowing power to the rear latch (i.e. the car is locked so dont let someone open the hatchback), if the lock is in the open position, the contact arm is closed allowing power to flow to that rear latch. Sometimes the contact arm or contacts break, which is why replacing the front passenger latch actuator sometimes fixes the problem. But, the switch is simple, it just slides back and forth based on the position of the lock.....it knows nothing about the door being opened or closed. My guess, for you, is that if it only works when the door is open, you might have a broken wire in the door wire harness near the door hinges and when you "open" the door the wires move slightly so that contact is made and power is sent to the rear door lock. For others, if the problem isn't the contacts in the latch, and it isn't the wires as they go through the door, it could be the wires in between the door and the hatchback switch, or it could be the hatch switch itself. The easiest place to start is in the wire connector to the hatch switch. If it has power with the doors unlocked and doesn't when the doors are locked, all the wiring is good, and the passenger door actuator is good and the problem is the hatch switch itself. If it doens't have power when the doors are unlocked, work your way back to the passenger door latch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts