Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new here and Im having a problem with my versa 2010 fuel pump not priming and car cranking but not starting.

So far I have tried putting starting fluid down the front air intake and when I crank it actually starts and stalls a couple seconds later. So im thinking fuel delivery problem and noticed that I could never hear the fuel pump prime when I turn the key to the on position.

So I take my rear seat out and take the cap off the pump and the pump still is not priming since I should hear it better this way.

Also I have checked the 15a fuel pump fuse and it was ok and even replaced it and still nothing.

So I went ahead and purchased a brand new delphi fuel pump and installed it and still the same problem which I realized I diagnosed this wrong so far.

I need help determining my next action and how to test the ipdm or if there can be a break in the brown wire or something even though I actually got like 11.6 volts at the fuel pump harness brown wire at the fuel pump. Also is there a way to bypass or jump the fuel pump relay which is my understanding that it is internal to the ipdm and not serviceable?

Also my ipdm is the type b which has no external fuel pump relay it just has like a fogger and ignition relay

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

So I noticed when I put the dmm on the fuel pump harness brown wire at the pump with it not connected to the pump I get 11.5 volts with key on.

However, when I connect the fuel pump harness to the fuel pump then check the voltage at the brown wire key on I get 1.5 volts, why?

So today I went to the ipdm and tested the pin wire 1 which is a green or red wire and I get 12v constant but when I checked pin 36 brown wire which is the wire that primes the pump with key on I got absolutely no voltage.

So at the ipdm pin 36 brown wire I hooked a positive wire from the battery which with those 12v I finally heard the pump prime and the car turned on but when I took that wire off back to no priming and non starting.

Does this mean my ipdm since the fuel pump relay on mine is internal is bad?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts