Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
A little confused about caliper bolt torque specs- 82ft-lbs or 62 ft -lbs. It's really hard to find info on the net.
If someone knows could pls. Tell me.
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I meant mounting bolts.I know caliper bolts are 20 ft-lbs. I wasn't sure for mounting bolts.
Thanks a lot !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dirty trick here Antil1971....there is not a lot of Versa specs on line I'll give you that but reference a similar sized car, lets say a Sentra...there is tons of Sentra info available and get the specs there....Nissan generally keeps the specs pretty similar along vehicle size...so if a Sentra's Mounting Bolts are 65 ft-lbs then you can sleep tight if you do 62ish to a Versa. ( I know this from my GM days...example the specs for a Malibu/Cutlass second generation body style are exactly the same...Ford Taurus Mercury Sable...same car!...get the picture? ) Good Luck

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I go further than that. I never torque much of anything, I simply learned long ago to tighten each fastener based on feel. Even in engine assembly I only torque heads, mains, rods, VB on ATX, and a few other critical looking assemblies, nothing else ever. Nothing on front ends or brakes ever other than FWD axle nuts. 90% of what I build is not torqued to spec, it runs fine and forever. I haven't stripped a bolt in so long I can't remember.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts