Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You will need an 8mm square head ratchet. You can by the 8 mm and 10 mm Amazon.

I used the Nissan 75w 85 OEM MTF. I understand Royal Purple synthetic is excellent too. You will need nearly 3 quarts

You will also need the hand pump
to pump the new MTF in through the fill plug. Make sure you can remove the plastic butterfly fill plug before you drain. Surprisingly neither the fill plug nor the drain plug we’re on too tight.

I think Nissan recommends this be changed out at 60,000 miles.

In someways this was easier than an oil change most of the work is pumping the MTF fluid. I’m not a mechanic so take this with a grain of salt.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just Replaced Manual Transmission Fluid on my 2016 Versa S @ 76,500 miles.
Used Red Line MT-85 75W85 GL-4 Manual Transaxle Lubricant. Took slightly less than 3 Quarts. It is a full synthetic.
Replaced both plugs and both washers.
Old Fuid still looked pretty good.
I'll update with performance difference in the future.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i did mine last years the tool that we need too remove the drain plug it's easy to do seize 1/2 but you need too buff 4 side a little bit

i did a youtube non video lol pic only i,m not the kind of person who love doing videos.

here the link

·
Registered
208 Posts
Good info!

Having just serviced some unrelated gear boxes that were a pain to refill, one trick I learned was use a cheap hand pump garden sprayer for refilling. Just snip the sprayer tip off the flexible plastic wand and route it into the fill hole. Warm up the gear oil a bit for faster pumping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts