Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here we go I’m new here .

I have a Nissan Versa 2015 sedan . Have 55k miles . Today I took my car to Nissan dealership because I’ve been hearing a humming noise when high speed and lately I’ve been heading a rattle noise when let go of pedal in slow speed .

The reason I took it there because my transmission warranty expired next March 2022 I think is the transmission so they told me no

They said it’s the power steering and would cost me $240 to repair . Any ideas ? I really don’t trust Nissan all the dealerships I go to they never know what’s going on.

Any help or suggestions would be great thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
So here we go I’m new here .

I have a Nissan Versa 2015 sedan . Have 55k miles . Today I took my car to Nissan dealership because I’ve been hearing a humming noise when high speed and lately I’ve been heading a rattle noise when let go of pedal in slow speed .

The reason I took it there because my transmission warranty expired next March 2022 I think is the transmission so they told me no

They said it’s the power steering and would cost me $240 to repair . Any ideas ? I really don’t trust Nissan all the dealerships I go to they never know what’s going on.

Any help or suggestions would be great thanks
The notorious CVT transmission is suspect #1 for sure. Per the owners manual, seems if a power steering problem you'd see the PS warning light on the display. Get the 2nd and 3rd opinions for sure. Please let us know how it goes. GOOD LUCK

Owners manual 2015 Versa: You may hear a sound when the steering wheel is operated quickly. However, this is not a malfunction. If the electric power steering warning light PS illuminates while the engine is running, it may indicate the power steering system is not functioning properly and may need servicing. Have the power steering system checked by a NISSAN dealer. When the electric power steering warning light illuminates with the engine running, there will be no power assist for the steering, but you will still have control of the vehicle. At this time, greater steering effort is required to operate the steering wheel, especially in sharp turns and at low speeds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts