·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see plug in's working. I mean if I can get like 80% charge on 4 hours then on an 8 hour work shift I will see what 90% or more?

I don't see anyone really needing more then 100 miles. But the real world MPC (miles per charge) is what I'm curious on. People always find ways to get better mpg's and I'm sure they will find ways to get better mpc's.

Only issue is the occasional long trip. But I only do that once a year if that and maybe renting a petrol car for that wouldn't be a bad idea.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
The biggest concern is long road trips. How are you going to do long distance travel from LA to Denver or Kansas City to Chicago with 8 hour charge for 100 miles? That's where I think Hybrids overtake the all electric engine.

Also, if you typically park your car out on the street or you live at an apartment, where are you going to plug the car at? Long extension cord? That's not going to cut it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I see plug in's working. I mean if I can get like 80% charge on 4 hours then on an 8 hour work shift I will see what 90% or more?

I don't see anyone really needing more then 100 miles. But the real world MPC (miles per charge) is what I'm curious on. People always find ways to get better mpg's and I'm sure they will find ways to get better mpc's.

Only issue is the occasional long trip. But I only do that once a year if that and maybe renting a petrol car for that wouldn't be a bad idea.
Law of Physics states that an electric motor alternator combination can't recharge itself. I would guess that the law of physics said the atom can't be split. So in due time repetititve motion will be a possibility you can bet on it. No bulky batteries nothing. Once the car starts it recharges itself. What I think will happen is the first self recharging cars will have big ass flywheels spinning freaking. Just a prediction. fast. After we are dead and gone, say 200 years from now, everything will be self recharging. And @ the end of the night you plug in your vehicle and get paid wholesale for any excess energy stored. Or use it up to power your house. Just thoughts people.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nissan is developing a charging system where nothing needs to be plugged in. I'm not sure exactly how it works but it's not new technology. Nissan is just adapted it to cars.

No one is talking about totaly replacing all hybrids with full electric. So if your a person who takes frequent long trips then a hybrid or even gas or diesel is for you. But just because it doesn't work for YOU doesn't mean it's not going to work. Hey having a big diesel f350 truck makes no sense to me but they still make those. Because it serves a purpose for alot of people. Just like a full electric even with 100 range would for me. I own my own home and have an office job in a 1 story building with electrical outlets outside. I can plug in anytime and anywhere I am practically.

I drive 90 miles a day 365 days a year. Or so it averages out to be. I only go further then 100 miles once or twice a year. An Electric car with 100 mile range would be perfect for me. Gas is $2.65 for regular here. My car averages 38mpg which is phenomenal. But if I had a full electric I would still save $2,293 a year. Now figure that over the 10 years I would own the car and that is $22,930. In my case by the time the car was total garbage it would have paid for itself. That is if gas stays at $2.65 which it won't. You guys would have cried if you seen how much I paid a year in gas when I was driving my Turbo infiniti G20 and gas was $4.89 a gallon!

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nissan is developing a charging system where nothing needs to be plugged in. I'm not sure exactly how it works but it's not new technology. Nissan is just adapted it to cars.

No one is talking about totaly replacing all hybrids with full electric. So if your a person who takes frequent long trips then a hybrid or even gas or diesel is for you. But just because it doesn't work for YOU doesn't mean it's not going to work. Hey having a big diesel f350 truck makes no sense to me but they still make those. Because it serves a purpose for alot of people. Just like a full electric even with 100 range would for me. I own my own home and have an office job in a 1 story building with electrical outlets outside. I can plug in anytime and anywhere I am practically.

I drive 90 miles a day 365 days a year. Or so it averages out to be. I only go further then 100 miles once or twice a year. An Electric car with 100 mile range would be perfect for me. Gas is $2.65 for regular here. My car averages 38mpg which is phenomenal. But if I had a full electric I would still save $2,293 a year. Now figure that over the 10 years I would own the car and that is $22,930. In my case by the time the car was total garbage it would have paid for itself. That is if gas stays at $2.65 which it won't. You guys would have cried if you seen how much I paid a year in gas when I was driving my Turbo infiniti G20 and gas was $4.89 a gallon!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.