Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not remember who it was that asked me to look up hood deflectors(bug deflectors) but i did and nissan dealerships well at least around here do not support them i think its nation wide. They cna however get them if you simply ask but its expensive, becuase the nissan dealerships part department orders it from an aftermarket website and has it shipped in and adds the price of the item+shipping+handling+pocket money= big and not worth it.

SO your best bet fro hood deflectors for either a versa or a sentra or will any nissan would be your friendly neighborhood ebay... or just looking around on the world wide web.. the price will be cheaper than anythign you would ever have to pay from the dealership!

and also in case anyone was wondering touch up paint for the versa stock colors are $12 here in the USA...

Paint codes are:(US)

2008 Nissan Versa Paint Codes

Color Description Color Code

Sonoma Sunset Pearl A15
Scarlet Red A20
New Blue Metallic B14
Dark Blue Metallic B23
Silver Metallic K23
Serengeti Sand Metallic K32
Ash Metallic K36
Black KH3
Cloud White QM1

2007 Nissan Versa Paint Codes

Color Description Color Code

Sonoma Sunset Pearl A15
Scarlet Red A20
New Blue Metallic B14
Dark Blue Metallic B23
Bronze Metallic C32
Silver Metallic K23
Gray Metallic K27
Serengeti Sand Metallic K32
Ash Metallic K36
Black KH3
Cloud White QM1

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Hey!
I think it was me that had asked you to check if they made a hood deflector for an 09 Sentra.
Turns out they have them here.

I was at the dealership on Wednesday getting an oil change done on the V, and started chatting with the salesman. I asked him if they made it for the Sentra and they do. My younger brother was looking for one.
If anybody has a newer model Sentra they do make it. Here it is $79 CDN (plus tax), which is about the same price that I paid for my hood deflector for the V over here.

:)
Thanks for checking though.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Then I don't know :) I'm thinking of the horrible black bras where there's a chance of stuff getting caught around the edges of the bra and there's a nice outline left on the hood when the bra's removed. I guess it's all about personal preference. It's nice to have a few options available to keep the hood partially/completely protected.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Ya the clear bra is nice, and they do apply it when the car is clean.
I don't even know how much that would cost.

Unfortunately the car has to be driven everyday, so it is going to get chipped. :( So far though, the hood deflector has really saved my hood. Only a couple of small chips so far (and they happened before I installed the deflector).

·
Registered
620 Posts
ill be getting a deflector soon. there is one tiny chip that no one would ever notice ever. seriously about the size of this period > . but because i know it exists it drives me crazy.
I agree. I have some little chips in my hood that you can't notice unless your looking for it. It drives me nuts because I know that its there.

I am planning on wrapping my hood in some matte black vinyl along with my trunk and roof so should take care of the job. :D

·
Registered
567 Posts
My dad was all about Ford for a while and then his 2001 Explorer completely killed him with repair bills and maintenance issues. He drives a Honda now and LOVES it. My close friend has great luck with her Pontiac Vibe and her Chevy, but I am all about the little Japanese cars. Always have been and always will be!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Lol. Well this is my first car that I have owned. But in the future I think I will definitely stick with Nissan. The car that I used to drive before my Versa, was a Hyundai Accent. I knew for sure that I didn't want to purchase a Hyundai after driving the Accent for 4 years.

My dad's Chevrolet van is now 12 years old, with no major problems on it. It still starts when it has too, lol. And his 2002 Pontiac Sunfire is still running. I think it is about to hit 200,000 kms (or it might already have done that).

·
Registered
567 Posts
Arg! I had to drive an accent while the V's engine mount was fixed. It was low to the ground - my boyfriend called it my skateboard. They are cute little zippy cars, but Hyundai needs to work a little bit more on them.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Lol. Ya it was a cute car :) I liked her too, but definitely not as much as the Versa.
I still took good care of her though, and she was red. My dad bought her used in 2004 (she was a 2001) with about 80000 kms on it (with only one previous owner who had leased it), and I drove it throughout my 4 years of university. It was pretty much basic. It's only options were automatic transmission and air conditioning. That is why when I bought the Versa, I made sure I got ALL options! :)

The only thing about her was that near the end (just before trading her in) she was losing all power. If I needed to merge onto the highway I couldn't have the air conditioning on, otherwise she wouldn't speed up, haha ;) :lol:

Here is one of the only pics I can find of her.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.