Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone would be interested in etched and paint filled emblems or keychains for the Versa. I have the ability to make such products.

They would be made out of stainless steel and etched and paint filled one color. Here is an example :

This was made for another company and not my design. He did a great job designing it and I feel we (my company) did excellent work producing them. You can't tell from the pic but this is tiny. About half inch tall overall. We are not limited to just text either.

Let me know what you think and what you would like the emblem or key chain to look like.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ha! :) I guess not.

Well if there is anything you guys would like to see made let me know. I have access to vinyl, laser, metal fabrication, waterjet cutting.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any way to post pics of what one might look like?
We need to design one :). Open for ideas so lets see what you people can come up with.

Can stay simple and just do the word VERSA in the nissan font. But that is really plain.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wasn't going to design it just make it. Seems like I would have to do both. To get one made is costly that is why I was hoping we can get a design we all like.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
While that is a good idea I think it needs to be more general and about the Versa and not a particular forum. These are not cheap to make and I can't limit anyone if I even hope to break even on this.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rob, are you still manufacturing these? What is the cost and how long are they expected to last?
it depends on the design as far as price goes. I would expect a $15-$20 price tag shipped to your door if I can get a 20 piece run.

These are very high quality. I bet they last longer then our versa's :). Really though these are chemically etched, then paint filled with high quality paint. They will be warrantied for one year too.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you come up with designs, I will price and produce. The person who comes up with the final design of course will get one free :).

Keep in mind though as a key chain it needs to be small. The more colors on it the more expensive it is. Also the crazier outside shape the more expensive. Also not doing any cutouts on the keychain. This will drive the price sky high. It will be solid shape with etched and paint filled text and graphics.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
something like this the nissan need to be etched out and left like see through would be very easy to make 2 the one above resembles my nissan charm i have on mirror i got from advance auto.
The outside edge here in the shape of a V will increase the price but is doable.

Simple, yet unique and would be cheaper to do only two colors (black/any color and background) while being broad enough to be for ALL Versa owners. Just a thought...I would buy it. Would any of you care for this design?

Or perhaps just VERSA across the middle instead of Nissan because the shape of the emblem implies that it is a Nissan...let me know what you guys think. :D
The shape of this will cause a much higher price due to the inside cutouts. Plus it seems to be beveled which I will not be doing. These will be flat cut.

How about 1.6 emblems for those of us with base models? :46:

VERSA 1.6
I can make 1.6 emblems but there isn't many of us out there so trying to get it more unified. I did see nice numbers and letters at autozone that will work for adding 1.6 to your car. Similar to what Ashley did with "hello kitty".

keep it simple etched in stainless steel (base, S, SL) after Nissan Versa
Needs to be more uniformed. The cost to produce one with an S then one with SL and one base would be astronomical. Think of it this way. It might cost me $100 to make the first one and maybe only a few dollars to do repeats of the same thing. Now if you change one think like adding an S then again it's $100 for the first one all over. Numbers were demonstration purpose only and not actual cost, which I don't know what it will be until design is approved.

is this too simple?

depending how it gets cut, the key ring could attach through the circle of the emblem itself
Again the inside cutouts will drive the price too high. Plus really it would be kinda flimsy at the sizes were going to make them. That stroke may be less then an 1/8". We are cutting these out of 18guage stainless which is about 1/16" thick.

Simple is good. I do feel it needs more but now your thinking. The idea here is modern and clean. Simple is the thing these days in design if you ask me.

All great idea's people, lets keep them coming!

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

This seems to be what people are interested in. This took two seconds and wouldn't be final. I would make the nissan hamburger shape the correct size to mimic an actaul emblem and then use the actual nissan VERSA font for the word VERSA. So it would look just like the letters on the back of your car. Plus I want to round the outside corners of the keychain.

All the black you see will be high gloss black painted and the silver you see will be raised up tiny bit and actual metal that you see. Can be polished or brushed. Just note that polished will eventually scratch especially going in and out of your pocket. Put would look really nice.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Throw out some ideas for overall size too please. That is a big factor in pricing! I can tell you right now were going to need to make at least 20 to make this feasible.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
2x4 is too large for my pockets. About half that size seems good for a keychain. I think we need to keep the forum logo off of it because honestly I don't see us getting enough people just on this forum to buy these. Were going to need other versa owners to get on board. The more I make the cheaper they are and no one is going to want to spend $25-30 on a keychain. Trying to keep costs down.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
1.25" square i think would be best. the emblem is not that long to begin with.

...OR to change it up a little more... any ideas for the center?
This I'm liking. Especially since you used the nissan font on the sides :).

OK quick pricing is telling me that 1" x 2" with etching and one color paint fill will cost approx $20 shipped to your door. That is in a batch of 25. It may be less but it definitely won't be more.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 · (Edited)
these will be etched and paint filled. There will be no prismatics. I don't know if you guys know what I'm talking about. But basically the logo will not and can not look exactly like this

Due to the fact that I don't think the logo will come out the way people think, my vote is for something like this.

I want the versa font used for Versa and the nissan font for nissan. Basically like the decals.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Concept unless someone feels they are confident enough to give me a finished file in either a .fs or .eps file.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
After looking at that layout and printing full size images I feel that 2"x1" is the ideal size for this keychain. I'm going to get pricing for this size. This is just about the size of a military dogtag. Anything larger may be too bulky IMHO. What we put on it won't affect the price unless we do multiple colors which I don't really want to do.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Yes I understand and yes I can do different colors. But only one color per item. So if I make 25 of them I can make 5 green, 5 blue, 5 red, 5 pink and 5 whatever. The price will not be affected. We're still looking about $20 shipped.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Ok well I got the pricing in and . . . . .drumroll . . . . . .$20 shipped! We already knew that.

So lets get a final design going! I need 10 people to pay before they get produced. As always I take paypal with all fee's included. I don't bother with the add3% crap or whatever it is.

If we can get 20 to commit and prepay I can get a couple more bucks off. Probably get them to you for $18.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
they are 18 gauge stainless steel. It's about 1/16" thick and being stainless is pretty sturdy. Not something you will be able to bend with your hand.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.