Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was installing radio when the antenna wire was cut, new radio and old radio will not work without the wire, trying to figure out how to fix it

2011 Nissan Versa hatchback base
Automotive design Hood Motor vehicle Flash photography Gesture
Speedometer Vehicle Tachometer Trip computer Odometer

The two black wires originally went into a connector like the one in the 2nd photo, not sure How to get them back together.

·
Registered
393 Posts
you should first try to connect them toghether and find out the right combination, it's only two wires. Then I would solder them once you find the correct one and insulate them with some copper foil just to be sure.

You other way is to find a wreck at any junkyard, harvest that wire (it connects at the A pillar on your left) and replace it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried connecting them before, wasn’t working. That 2nd picture wire is a replacement I’m just trying to figure out how to connect it

·
Registered
627 Posts
That antenna wire can be replaced. There is a connector under the drivers A pillar and defrost vent as Ecate stated.
The bad part is you have to remove the top of the dash to easily feed it through.
I personally would get the replacement from a dealer, as to get one from a junkyard, you would have to remove the entire dash to get it out.
Why they attached it to the dash core supports the way they did is anyones guess!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts