Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Sunny N18 SV 2022
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I own a Nissan Versa (or Sunny) N18 2022 SV. Whenever I lock the driver door manually from the inside (on the door handle) and then close the driver door from the outside, the lock reopens itself. Even though my keys are not in the ignition.

Same thing when I try to lock it from the power lock (on the driver side) all doors close and even does the driver. But when i close the door it reopens it self. Is that a normal feature or theres something wrong? Please let me know fellow N18 owners. Many thanks

·
Registered
668 Posts
I don't have much experience with the new cars but...
What you describe is something that Japanese cars have done for decades. To get the door to lock, you have to hold the outside handle in the open position as you close the door.

Reactions: doody

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
132 Posts
I'd call the dealership and ask them. Being that it is a 2022, it should be under warranty (if this isn't some new safety feature)

I have a 2016 Versa and my lock does not unlock itself. I just set the lock button and close the door and it stays locked.

·
Registered
Nissan Sunny N18 SV 2022
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have much experience with the new cars but...
What you describe is something that Japanese cars have done for decades. To get the door to lock, you have to hold the outside handle in the open position as you close the door.
You were right about this, seems like the driver door gets locked when the handle from the outside is in the open position. How did I never know about this?

I only drove Hyundais before and they didnt have this system. But thanks for letting me know!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts