Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Nissan Versa sedan is having great success as well as other models and Infiniti included. The bad thing about this is that dealerships are asking higher prices on their inventory , and people overpaying for product aren't helping the situation. I am glad I got in a couple years ago. My V S model was 14.500 out the door with power option. If I tried to emulate now, I am sure it would be higher. One thing to note about Nissan quality. My car still runs like a new car. I can't say that with other cars I have owned. I think promiseland has a G35 right. I know one of our members have one and I would buy an Infiniti over German makes everyday. Infinitis are built way better and are smarter looking. Four years ago the Germans owned the high end market. I am not so sure about that now. Just my take.:blue flower:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
it is best to do the home work and visit different dealers and go online and sometimes you find the car you want online and don't sign that contract until you know it is the best deal. and if you can pay cash for the car, even better because as the saying goes Money Talks! if they say no, walk away and because they have your contact info, they will call you back sooner or later as long as you're asking for a reasonable deal of course

Things that I like about my Versa
1. Motor runs good and gets good MPG
2. Tranny don't leak or slips and 6 speed manual shifts good
3. Cold air and heat works
4. sigarette adapter works
5. keyless entry
6. water doesn't get inside the car, so no wierd smells or anything
7. Love the seats!!!
8. Love the extra room for a little car
9. I like the hatch, I had 2 door coupe, 4 door sedan, but never had a hatch.
10. ohh....I like that small triangle window by the windshield :shrug:
11. takes me from point A to point B :woot:
12. power windows and locks
13. electric mirrors
14. no leaks or over heating

The problems that I had with my nissan are
1. TPMS light stay on
2. AC compressor cycling too much, not sure if its normal or not but it works and that's all what matters to me. one day I will take it to a shop and have the freon checked
3. something got inside my AC fan and when I turn the AC on, the blades are making a funky rattle. it could be a bug inside or maybe I need a whole new fan, hope not!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I smile everytime i get in my versa. I got it for 12,495 out the door brand new with only 100 miles on the odometer. Yes its the most basic hatch but its what I wanted. It was 1k more for the power package but the car they had available with it was in silver and not magnetic gray which is the color i wanted most.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
This is my 1st Nissan and I love it(as cheap as it is). I needed a reliable daily driver and got a gas saver along with that. Wasnt looking for anything specific but stick shift was a must and they had it so I was happy about that. Also needed a low monthly payment and they helped me out with that so cant complaint...it was $11,400, and had 5 miles when I got it. This is my 1st car without the power package but I dont mind, thats less parts I have to worry about breaking. That being said, I recommend this great little car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
643 Posts
I smile everytime i get in my versa. I got it for 12,495 out the door brand new with only 100 miles on the odometer. Yes its the most basic hatch but its what I wanted. It was 1k more for the power package but the car they had available with it was in silver and not magnetic gray which is the color i wanted most.
that's about how much we paid for ours...i forget all the "deals" we got, but i know one of the discounts was because we owned a toyota (that was back when toyotas were getting bad press and lots of companies were giving discounts to toyota owners)...ours has the power option...my first car with power windows/locks and a key fob :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
993 Posts
13,500 with the power option, cars a cheaper down here I tried for the same car up in Md, and they wanted no less then 15,000 for the power option.... F that I said.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I would buy an Infiniti over German makes everyday. Infinitis are built way better and are smarter looking.
New or used, versas are the best bang-for-your-buck cars imo!
If Infiniti put the manual in our G25, then they would truly be going head-to-head with 323i sedan manual. If that doesn't happen by the time I'm done with my versa, I'll replace it with Altima 2.5 coupe manual, or Sentra SE-R specV:woot: I do think BMWs are well built though, just steer clear of the turbos and awds imo

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I love the G35/G37. I am pretty much always thinking of trading my car, and lately the car that has been on my mind is the G35s sedan. Love it. Would definitely pick it over a BMW as some have said. 4 neighbours on my street have BMW's (two have a 5 series, one has M3, one has a 330i along with an X5) and I can honestly say they have nothing but trouble with them, and their dealerships are less than helpful. One even commented to me on how much better the interior in my versa is holding up compared to his 330i!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I hear what you are saying about cocky dealers. They tell on the internet quote they will knock all kinds of money off then when I show up they say no you dont qualify. The latest guy said I can give you invoice but it wont save you much so why bother? Well for one thing, my finance company only fiances a certain amount of the total sale so every bit helps.

The conveyance fee of 400 is criminal also.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just finance through a bank or something, and then walk to the dealer with a certified check for the amount they quoted, and tell them to take it or leave it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Just finance through a bank or something, and then walk to the dealer with a certified check for the amount they quoted, and tell them to take it or leave it.
If dealers are still raking customers with the V HB, that's a shame. They are basically saying, when you are at work, it's ok to lie to the customer. Just don't get caught. I stay away from dealerships until I need them. I hate the loan officers they are sharks.:Angel_anim:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I bought a 2011 V hatch, overall pretty pleased with it. Paid just under 13k w power pkg.
Main and major problem is the its sand or dirt in the paint in several places, and the bottom corner or a couple of the doors has paint drips hanging off the corner. Paint on the hood it chipping off like crazy and the car is only 6 months old. Having to fight w the dealer to get it resolved, they expect me to provide my own transpo while car is in getting repainted. I was like you must be kidding. Factory defects that never should have left the factory and I have to find n pay for a alternate source of transpo? Working with Nissan corp to try n get resolved. If not they can speak w my attorney.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Toyota fell to no. 3 automaker this year but their officials said they will be on top again next year. What do you think Toyota is going to say? Nissan is kicking our butts and we can't change that? lol. I love the media so awesome.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't worry the prices will really go up if UAW gets their way. The UAW is targeting Nissan USA for organizing its workers. Considering how much union workers HAVE to get paid to cover mandatory things such as dues, retirement, insurance (through the union) and other misc things you can gaurentee the cost of Nissan's will dramatically go up. Hopefully the workers will do what they have done in the past and tell the Unions to pound sand.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Don't worry the prices will really go up if UAW gets their way. The UAW is targeting Nissan USA for organizing its workers. Considering how much union workers HAVE to get paid to cover mandatory things such as dues, retirement, insurance (through the union) and other misc things you can gaurentee the cost of Nissan's will dramatically go up. Hopefully the workers will do what they have done in the past and tell the Unions to pound sand.
maybe that's why the Versa and other nissan models are built in Mexico to lower hourly labor cost. not 100% if they have unions down there.

lets not forget China. everything is built there for the same reason. low labor cost

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
maybe since the dollar is so weak everyone will start building factories here and employing thousands of Americans. We could be the next mexico :D.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.