Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I pulled the brake light switch on my 08 Versa and after replugging it in, I had brake lights for a short time - but then nothing. I tried adjusting the switch's placement (because I read that could be an issue) and it didn't change the outcome. Could it be the switch is bad or could it be a wiring short? Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I pulled the brake light switch on my 08 Versa and after replugging it in, I had brake lights for a short time - but then nothing. I tried adjusting the switch's placement (because I read that could be an issue) and it didn't change the outcome. Could it be the switch is bad or could it be a wiring short? Any thoughts appreciated.
Sounds more like a switch issue than a short. If it were shorted, it should blow a fuse. I don't know how much a new switch is by that may be the place to start. Good luck!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Forgot to mention, on most vehicles if the switch is bad it wont let you shift out of park, assuming it is an auto.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Versa12
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing