Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the brake lights seem to work intermitently ie step on brake 3-4 seconds later they come, sometimes dont come on at all. any ideas?

Have an appointment on saturday. Will post up what it was.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
are there any wire harnesses that run in the jam of the hatch? Reason I ask is because on several other nissans this harness would get cut by the hatch or trunk. I might be way off here but it's the only thing I can think of.

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah there is for the 3rd brake light, and i took the boot off, and all seemed ok, but i didnt remove any panels or anything, i guess i will find out for sure on saturday, and see how good nissan service is (this will be the first time going to the dealer)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had a problem similar to this on my old Taurus. The wires running from the brake pedal were too short and when I slammed on the brakes it caused them to disconnect. I ended up soldering in a longer wire. The car was not under warranty at the time.

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so they replaced the brake switch for the pedal, had to argue with them there was an issue, originally they said the couldnt duplicate it, and told them to keep checking it, and i guess they got it to act up, and all apears to be good now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts