Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
Well after 2019, there will no longer be a 'poor man's Honda Fit' around. I bought a 2016 Versa Note SV for $16,500. I really wanted a Honda Fit but lowest price the dealer would go is $20,000 :eek:. Considering I paid $33,700 for my 2013 Mustang GT - optioned to the hilt - with 420 HP and 390 ft-lbs of torque, no way I would pay 60% of the cost of the Mustang on something like a Honda Fit! 馃枙 Plus the aero styling of the Note is something that Honda sorta copied on the Fit after 2016. So only other options for an economy hatchback now would be the Toyota Yaris, but that thing is almost as expensive as the Fit.

Registered
Well after 2019, there will no longer be a 'poor man's Honda Fit' around. I bought a 2016 Versa Note SV for $16,500. I really wanted a Honda Fit but lowest price the dealer would go is $20,000 :eek:. Considering I paid $33,700 for my 2013 Mustang GT - optioned to the hilt - with 420 HP and 390 ft-lbs of torque, no way I would pay 60% of the cost of the Mustang on something like a Honda Fit! 馃枙 Plus the aero styling of the Note is something that Honda sorta copied on the Fit after 2016. So only other options for an economy hatchback now would be the Toyota Yaris, but that thing is almost as expensive as the Fit.
I'm surprised that the '16 V Note and the Fit are so expensive. How about the Mitsubishi Mirage? I was considering it at the time that I was shopping for my V Note. It's a shame that the Ford Fiesta is being discontinued; I really liked the hatchback, especially before they facelifted it and gave it that Aston Martin front grille.

Props on the Mustang. I'm considering buying a 2012 Mustang GT (many years from now) when my son is old enough to drive; I'll give him the V Note and I will drive the Mustang.

Registered
I jumped to Nissan from 40 years plus with Ford, they have their more than fair share of issues too, and why I jumped.

Registered
I jumped to Nissan from 40 years plus with Ford, they have their more than fair share of issues too, and why I jumped.
That's Ford for you. Found On the Road Dead haha. I still want the Mustang though.

Registered
Just saw a "note" on the Internet (so it must be true) that Nissan is dropping the Note this coming year. Hate to see that. I really like my 16 and would be thinking about getting another one next year.
Like my 16 Note, as well. Did you receive your notice about the class action suit regarding the CVT transmission? Warranty on same just got extended 24,000 miles, unless you have manual transmission.

Registered
Like my 16 Note, as well. Did you receive your notice about the class action suit regarding the CVT transmission? Warranty on same just got extended 24,000 miles, unless you have manual transmission.
I got that notice as well.

Registered
I bought the Mustang for the Coyote engine, which is a gem. If I had to design a dream performance engine, that would be it. Basically it's a 5.0 liter V-8 with Japanese motorcycle heads, e.g., twin overhead cam, hemi design with 4 valves per cylinder. This allows the stock motor to rev to 7500 rpm; the Boss version has an 8000 rpm+ redline - insane for a V-8. The Chevies and Dodges on the other hand, have the dated single overhead cam design. The only other 5.0 liter V-8 with a similar head design was the Lexus ISF, currently called the RC-F. The Lexus is a much better built and better all around car, but the Mustang is faster since it has a bit more HP and is lighter. Then again, the Lexus ISF MSRP began at $65K back in 2013, so for that price I could buy my Mustang AND an SUV.

That being said, the Ford is a cheaply made car. They put one thin layer of color coat on the topside of the car. My Mustang is Race Red, but underneath, my frame is pink because Ford really skimped on the 1/2 coat of paint there. Many a 2013-2014 Mustang owner were having rust problems underneath the car within a year or two, because Ford skimped on the black paint they used to paint the suspension components. I had to touch up 65% of the underside of the car with Rust Bullet paint two years after I bought it. I just wish my Mustang had the same paint job as on the 2016 Note - thick and lustrous - and no orange peel!

I had a 2000 Honda Accord and that thing had the same amount of layers of paint behind the bumper and underneath the car as on the topside or anywhere on the exterior you cared to look. And it had genuine Nappa leather interior, whereas the 2013 Mustang I have with the Premium (deluxe) option has faux leather interior, e.g. bonded leather.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts