Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a nice wee car to own and drive but the time has come for me to part ways with my 2009 Versa S (bare bones). After a lot of thinking the Versa was traded for a nice new Kia Soul + with just about every option they had short of the sunroof lol.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Sounds like you got a great deal. Hope you stick around NVF.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone the Soul is an excellent car but I will admit the Versa was still a smoother drive. I hope to hang around I'm interested to see the 2013 hatchback and if Nissan will ever make a hybrid Versa.

Actually and this is off topic a bit. I just seen my first (on the street) Leaf a few days ago. I was very impressed to see one outside and charging up.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I actually got to test drive a Nissan Leaf! VERY cool cars. The gauges inside are so different from a normal car. The RPM's are just dots that go up and down depending how much you press the throttle..the gear shifter only goes in three directions..park drive and reverse. there's also a neutral position. still. VERY cool car. it also accelerates pretty damn fast!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Congrats on the new Soul! Let us know your full impressions:thumb2:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually got to test drive a Nissan Leaf! VERY cool cars. The gauges inside are so different from a normal car. The RPM's are just dots that go up and down depending how much you press the throttle..the gear shifter only goes in three directions..park drive and reverse. there's also a neutral position. still. VERY cool car. it also accelerates pretty damn fast!
They do look amazing alright, I've read a wee bit up on them and I've no doubt once full production and infrastructure is in place I'd be willing to make the jump. Also when the prices drop a bit more lol. We can be sure of one thing without any doubt, as more and more oil is used up without anything to replace it the price of "gas" will keep marching upward.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats on the new Soul! Let us know your full impressions:thumb2:
My impressions so far are :53: lol! Don't get me wrong here the Versa was excellent in it's class. I believe the Soul would compete more with the Cube. The Soul's acceleration is good, shifting either manual or auto is smooth and quiet. Visibility is good apart from the rear pillars. Seats are decent if not kinda flat in the back. I do like the perfectly square rear hatch, boot/trunk is small but the seats fold flat. There is no spare tire just a fix a flat type system. The Versa does have more rear leg room but the front passenger/driver seats move up/down. The Versa does sound smoother on the road with less noise until you get up to 60 - 70mph. Then the lack of wind noise in the KIA is noticeable where in my Versa all I could hear was wind. The sound system in the KIA is decent enough the + model I got came with 4 speakers one in each door plus 2 tweeters up front and one in the center of the dash making for a total of 7 speakers but no sub-woofer.

The steering wheel tilts, telescopes. The vehicle has power everything, key less entry, windows/doors. It has satellite radio, aux in, USB/MP3, map lights, glove box lights, leather seats/wrapped steering wheel/shifter, full set of controls on the steering wheel, audio, cruise, bluetooth, auto dimming rear view mirror & garage door opener integrated, compass/bluetooth displays in the rear view mirror, center arm rest, front/rear defrost plus mirror defrost. It has a very nice trip computer, shows mpg, distance traveled of course and range left. It came with a set of 16" alloys, 6 speed auto transmission 60,000 miles bumper to bumper and 100,000 power-train. All maintenance for 3 years is included with the purchase which is a nice bonus. They pack in a lot of stuff into this car that my head is still spinning!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I haven't even seen a Leaf yet...

How are you liking the Soul? I had a neighbour that bought one, she seemed to like it.
I do like the Soul a lot. Just as much as when I first got the Versa which I have to say I'm sad to part with I did like my car it had a lot of charter in it. The Soul drives very nice, smooth gives decent mpg so far and all the gadgets in it are making me dizzy I think lol. I would recommend anyone looking for an upgrade outside of Nissan to have a look at the very least at the 2012 models.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Awesome write-up, thanks! If more manufacturers had free basic maintenance on their entry level products, i would give a serious look at buying new:thumb2:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Awesome write-up, thanks! If more manufacturers had free basic maintenance on their entry level products, i would give a serious look at buying new:thumb2:
Thanks. I don't know if the maintenance was manufacturer included more the dealer included it and it did help him move another Soul. The Soul I bought was technically "used" as it had 1,000 miles on it. The first owner apparently wanted something bigger.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I seen a funny thing today. Out of curiosity I checked the KIA dealer that sold me the Soul to see what they where selling my "old" Versa for. It was in the region of $14,000 and they'd only given me $10,000 for it which funny enough I paid only $13,500 out the door for it just 2.5 years ago haha. Ah well that's business I suppose?

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Yeah, its weird business. Im always checking CL for parts and yesterday I saw an '07 SL hatch with 47K for $10K. Mine must be worth $13K+ then( I wish). :D

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Cool beans dude, I was thinking of the Kia forte EX or SX before my sentra, but I got a better deal with the same options, so I passed on it. The only thing different would have been auto headlights, auto climate control, heated mirrors, and rear camera. Yeah all of those features would have been nice, but not the extra $1500, lol. But we also almost bought a kia sedona, but ended up buying the Nissan Cube instead. My dad said the soul looked funkier than the cube, lol. But yeah man the soul is a nice looking car, and having the 2.0 motor is alot better than the 1.8 in the cube. At least when you step on it, I bet it moves pretty good. Our cube just makes noise when you step on it, you really arent going anywhere, lmao! Hopefully nissan puts the 2.0 in it next time, it really needs it! But cool, it really looks good. People must be losing money when they turn around a trade in a new car with only 1000 miles on it. That is so ridiculous, but good for you!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
In last couple years, demand has shot up for fuel efficient new and used cars...value up:) Local Toyota plant hiring more cuz demand for 4cyl Rav4 is up!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
In last couple years, demand has shot up for fuel efficient new and used cars...value up:) Local Toyota plant hiring more cuz demand for 4cyl Rav4 is up!
Id love a rav4, but id want the V6. That thing is like a pocket rocket with the V6.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.