Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well according to this article from motortrend and many others on the net nissan is working on a subcompact "cheap" car that will replace the Versa.

I like the roominess of my V and would rather have that then a subcompact but honestly with the cube in the lineup I see this as a smart move from nissan. If you want cheap and good on gas then go with the new sub compact. If you still want decent gas mileage and room go Cube. If they made a cube that costs the $11k that I paid for my V and got the 38mpg that I'm averaging now I would be a cube owner.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Nissan better not replace the Versa. It is selling well in the US and that will just make it even harder to find aftermarket parts for it. The only good thing about that, it will make the Versa rare and harder to come by.

If they kept the Versa, made it bigger by taking over the Sentra spot and making the Sentra bigger, then that's a better move. The new small Nissan car 'Micra' or whatever it's called will take over the Versa spot.

If the new Versa 'replacement' looks anything like this then I'm not even going to bother. I'll just get a Sentra SE-R instead.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Wait a second! I read another article about the same topic. They say Nissan is going to slot the next gen Micra beneath the Versa. So we will wait and see what the official annnouncements are before making a call.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I read the same thing in our daily newspaper here. It said that Nissan was going to introduce a new car that would be below the Versa. It never said it was going to get rid of the Versa; just introduce a new car beneath it.

P.S. I think the above car is cute from the front, but weird in the rear.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am a fan of simplicity. I love the idea of the new "V" platform. I also like the way the micra looks. That is the old one and there is a new one on the way.

New drawings can be seen here http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/10/2011-nissan-micra-march-official.html

If they made something that looked like this rendering I would love that! Maybe a Krom version of the micra like they did with the Rogue.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
If the Versa doesn't get replaced then I'll consider getting a Versa 5-10 years from now. Nissan needs to add more character and soul to their vehicle designs.
Hopefully after 10 years they change the Versa a bit more ...

My next vehicle will hopefully be a summer vehicle only (NB Convertible) :) And hopefully when I'm able to make that purchase, maybe in 9-10 years, that the V will still be running. She'll then be the winter driver.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hopefully after 10 years they change the Versa a bit more ...

My next vehicle will hopefully be a summer vehicle only (NB Convertible) :) And hopefully when I'm able to make that purchase, maybe in 9-10 years, that the V will still be running. She'll then be the winter driver.
My V will have about 360,000 miles (not khm) in 10 years. If it's still running by then it would make the Versa the absolute best decision I have ever made.

If nissan didn't skimp too much I don't see why it wouldn't make it up to 300k range. This yaris is well over 300k http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13471. But he drives alot more then me and has a much nicer climate. New England winters will definitely shorten the lifespan of my vehicle.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Yes, if the Versa makes it that far in mileage then it will have been a great investment. I don't drive that much, so in 10 years I doubt my mileage will be that high. Although it all depends on where I get a job.

And yes, the winters do take a huge toll on our vehicles.
My dad's Sunfire has over 200+kms, and it's an 02 model, still running on the original back brakes, and still runs fine. Also, the minivan is a 97 model, with under 200kms, and it too still has the original back brakes, and still runs (looks awful) but still runs! haha! Poor Chuckie has had rust take over most of his body. Tried fixing it and repainting it this summer, but the long drive to Myrtle Beach, just made him look worse! haha! Oh well ... soon he will be replaced with a new minivan.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
When the Mazda 5 came out he actually pointed it out and said he liked it.
The Mazda 5 is nice, but I think he wants something bigger.
However, I think he has his eye on the Dodge Grand Caravan. He said he will buy a brand new minivan most likely next year. One main reason he likes the Dodge Grand Caravan is the fact that it comes in a bright red colour! Also, they are selling at a good price now. Brand new 09 Grand Caravan's are on for just under $19000 CDN. It basically has all the features that our minivan now has, and it is alot less money than what my dad paid for our Venture 12 years ago.

I think the Caravan's look pretty nice now. Plus it is relatively the same size as our current minivan, might even be a tad bit bigger.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Ya, most Dodges do all have the same front end design.
I know for a fact he won't want the Mazda 5 as it is too small. He wants a minivan, but a big minivan and the Dodge fits the bill.
The Mazda 5 is good for someone who needs the roominess of a bigger vehicle, but who doesn't want to buy a minivan. My dad wants a minivan. Something that is big and can transport items and lots of people.
The Dodge is big, looks so much nicer than our current minivan, and will be new. As long as it is a new vehicle that is all that matters.

Plus, the interior is kind of cute, I like where the shifter is.

And I know what you will all say, it's not as fancy as other interiors. But, my dad is not into big and fancy and spending a fortune on a vehicle.
If he was, he would be buying the Armada ... that is one beautiful vehicle.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
back on topic

Sketches of the newer, smaller nissan car (march/micra) were revealed and looked promising.

Next renderings of the drawings came out and looked even better.

Then the patent drawings were revealed and still looked good.

Then the actual images of the vehicle were leaked and it all went down hill :(

The only thing I can pray for is that the actual vehicle shown are either watered down or some stripped base model and the higher up line will look more like the rendering.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.