Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new 2012 versa, base model. I knew that it would be a low end version, due to the price 10,990. But I never would have thought that a new car in today's age would not come with any rear speakers.

I was wondering if anybody else bought a '12 versa and did not get rear speakers. Also there is no wiring to the rear doors for speaker wire.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
444 Posts
Base models in past years did not come with speakers, and I believe they used to come pre-wired. Don't quote me on the wire thing though.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Base models in past years did not come with speakers, and I believe they used to come pre-wired. Don't quote me on the wire thing though.
Previous year base models all came with four speakers and all the wiring. 2012 S model comes with just the two speakers. You need to step up to the sv model or add the cruise control package to get the rear speakers.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
In prior years, not only no A/C, but no RADIO either!! Which I presume also meant no speakers, front or rear.
You presume wrong. See my post above.

·
Registered
377 Posts
How do you know it doesn't have rear speakers? Is the fade just set forward?

·
Registered
14 Posts
You presume wrong. See my post above.
I stand corrected. Of the 2011 Edmunds says:
www.edmunds.com/nissan/versa/2011/ said:
The 1.6 Base lives up to its name with scarcely any convenience equipment ... ... and four audio speakers (but no stereo to go along with them).
That is odd, just...odd. :question:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Today it is so easy to find out a lot of stuff about a new car before making a purchase decision. Also from edmunds website for the 2012:

"The Versa sedan comes in three trim levels: S, SV and SL. The S is pretty bare-bones, with 15-inch steel wheels, air-conditioning, a height-adjustable driver seat, a trip computer and a two-speaker sound system with a CD player and an auxiliary audio jack. When equipped with an automatic transmission, the S Cruise Control package adds a trunk light, two rear speakers and (obviously) cruise control."

No surprise about the lack of rear speakers.

·
Registered
377 Posts
So weird, the OEM speakers are $2.50 pieces of paper. I guess a bit here and there adds up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.